Flight Reservation Database Ideas? (1 Viewer)

Kroghr

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:23
I manage a flight operation on a military base that moves contractor employees from one island where living quarters are, to another island where work centers are. Both in the morning and in the evening. For years I have had an excel base reservation system that consist of a Commuter master list with tabs for every day of the week. Each "day" tab list all of the days flights, and passengers that are on that particular flight. Every month I populate a spread sheet for every day of the month, so that the flight check-in agent can tell who to board on the aircraft. I would like to create a database to manage these processes. The database would be run by an individual (res agent) that receives request for flights via e-mail and phone, then enters the information into the database. The res agent would be able to send an email to the flight seat requestor confirming the reservation. The res agent will also be able to send gate agents reports detailing the passengers to board on the next days flights. I can manage all of those aspects of the database. My problem is, I have a group of commuters called "cat 3 hard seaters" they fly every day on the same flights. Do you have any ideas as to how I can avoid having to input the repetitive commuters every day into the database? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. related files are attached. Thanks

Attachments

• db2.zip
    199.4 KB · Views: 764
  • FlyRoi Master Passenger List.xls
    404 KB · Views: 537

Kroghr

Registered User.
Local time
A little more explanation. What I'm trying to do is;

If Ryan fly's every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday on the 0600 flight and the 1505 flight.

any ideas on how would I tell the database to automatically create records for Ryan on every Tue Wed & Thur on the 0600 and 1505 flight. And I'm talking about 40 different Ryan's all with different days and flights.

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:23
I may be able to point in the right direction. I am thinking that you could create a table for these regular customers. Idea for fields:

HardSeatersID
CustomerID
Other fields describing their usual flight ex-day, time, planeID, etc.

Then, you could probably use an update query to add these regulars to the flight list. If you do it this way, you should add some way to clear the customer from a particular flight, just in case.

Kroghr

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the idea. I'll work on creating a table with passenger details. Not sure how to do th eupdate query, but i'll search and find out

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom