Form creating credit invoice (1 Viewer)

Vulcan1500

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:44
I have a form with a subform. The form shows an invoice and the subform the items to be invoiced. On this form I want to have a button that creates a credit of this full invoice.

My question is now how to add the existing invoice and details again to the same invoice table (query) and same details table (query).

After clicking this button in the two tables should be the original invoice/details and its credit.

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:44
If the forms shows the Invoice and the details they are already in the tables
Why do you want to re-enter the data into the tables ?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
use (I assume) two append queries but (presumably) replace the invoice number with a credit number, the quantities with negative quantities and the invoice date with the credit date. One query is for the header table and the other for the detail table

Vulcan1500

Registered User.
Local time
If the forms shows the Invoice and the details they are already in the tables
Why do you want to re-enter the data into the tables ?

I want to save the credit invoice as weel.

Vulcan1500

Registered User.
Local time
use (I assume) two append queries but (presumably) replace the invoice number with a credit number, the quantities with negative quantities and the invoice date with the credit date. One query is for the header table and the other for the detail table

Thanks for that. Apart from the two appent queries I'm also thinking in the directions you gave, but how to build the appent queries including the link between the main and subform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom