From A2010/A2013 to Office365 how to? (1 Viewer)

JLCantara

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:17
@Gina & Trimmel: your stubbornness is just appaling: you are misleading people!!! A2013 can do both web and desk top app. I do not give a s.... about web app: it is so primitive that it is not worthed any comments.

If one is ready to forget about automation and Activex, well go...

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 06:17
@Gina & Trimmel: your stubbornness is just appaling: you are misleading people!!! A2013 can do both web and desk top app. I do not give a s.... about web app: it is so primitive that it is not worthed any comments.

If one is ready to forget about automation and Activex, well go...

I am not trying to be stubborn.

In Access 2013 applications I uses an RTF ActiveX and Word/Excel/Outlook Automation with 100's of users using it daily. Also 80% have just the free Access 2013 Runtime. I have not had to forget about automation and Activex.

I am sorry you are having so much trouble with Office 2013 and Access 2013.
I am willing to help you.

Last edited:

JLCantara

Registered User.
Local time
@Trimmell: don't say it's possible say how you can load any Activex and perform automation... I posted something in this forum and no one could help!!!

JLCantara

Registered User.
Local time
@BT: you are right and I was right too; here is the story.

When I subscribed to O365, I choose the French version: lets call it O365.fr. Most of you guys (if not all) use O365.us (that is the us English version). So you are using A2013.us while I was using A2013.fr. After your post, I started to look around using all kinds of key words to find out automation, Activex??? I found 2 notes, from MS, specifying that automation was possible and Activex controls were available!!!!

Then I went to my favorite bar to watch the USOpen; during the games I kept wander: is it possible (that the French screwed O365.fr)? The answer is yes. At home I checked automation, works fine, then I found where Activex were hiding, I got the full list of them. Finally I checked the event handling in reports, works fine.

I still can't understand that MS releases 2 different versions of the same package, based on language...

I will change my signature in seconds...

Good day, JLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom