Global heatmap in Access. Is it possible ? (1 Viewer)

TipsyWolf

Local time
Today, 22:40
hello everyone ! hope u guys r doing well today !

i have a question that i couldn't find any answers for even in google.
is there any way or is it technically possible to create some kinda heatmap.

imagine i have a jpeg uploaded in database. and i have a records. is there a way to store a location (point) on this jpeg, so i can see heatmap of every records to see where i have most points in my jpeg (map).

i want to have a form with map where i can have a heatmap so i can see my records'marks. (filtered or all). i mean is there a way for access to stores not only data , but some locations marks on jpeg ?

just dummy example here
1712070416024.png

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 15:40
Yes.

MajP

Local time
Provide a database with your data and form, and I can help.
You need some way to convert your data to the cartesian plane of the form (left, top, height, width)
Your data could be miles, decibels, gallons, whatever. But need some way to convert X of this and Y of that to Left, and Top.

MajP

Local time
compact and repair first.
Then zip it and post a zip file.

TipsyWolf

Local time
compact and repair first.
Then zip it and post a zip file.
repaired! its still 12mb.
PeaZip did its magic. zipped from 12mb to 0.5mb.

the database itself is still under construction by me. basically its a risk database (construction site(s))
i work for contruction company and we regester new findings (risks). its gonna be with deadlines, responsible. i have a dashboard with statistics. like red, orange, yellow, green RiskType.

for now its only Tmain and Tactions (it has relationship one to many)
so 1 risk can have many actions (measurments to close this risk)

so for now, i dont have a map of countruction site yet (i just requested it today), but its huge... or maybe its better to use it per sites, cause it has like 20 sites. each has own jpeg. but i think i need a global as well. but not sure how its possible to implement.

u can easlity put a dummy jpeg for examples.
btw, im not pro at access. just noob.

thanks a lot for helping me here.

upd:
so 1 risk (from Tmain) has only 1 mark at heatmap
some text in DB is in non-English, cause im doing it for locals to use.

Attachments

• RiskDB new.zip
    533.6 KB · Views: 21

TipsyWolf

Local time
I will take a look later, I got to run now. I might even have something tailored to specifically to risks where you are assessing risks by plotting Severity and Likelihood.
yeap :) i have it in my DB
1712081375204.png

have a nice day :)

MajP

Local time
If you look at this

In this example you are dropping tasks on to a "floor plan" of a ship, to represent locations of task to take place. Also you can select multiple "floor plans". Similar to your idea of assigning risks to different Project Sites.

I use the term "floor plan" because this idea originated from dropping images of different tables on to a restaurant floor plan.

Imagine instead of tasks you are dropping risks on to a site location. Notice how the tasks get colored based on priority So I think this can be modified very easily. You can even try by changing the names of the 5 floor plans and placing your own images in the FloorDrawing attachments. You should see dots on your images. You can then move the dots (tasks) around on the image.
tblFloor tblFloor

FloorIDFloorNameFloorDescriptionFloorDrawing
1​
Profile1
2​
Sun deck1
3​
Bridge deck1
4​
Main deck1
5​
Lower deck1

The question is do you want to simply place a risk on the map like I do with a task. I click and drop. Then you can drag and drop as necessary to place it more correctly.
Or do you need to georeference the risk somehow? Example would be you enter location RM167 int the table and it synchronizes to some part of the image representing room 167. I have another example where I do this by storing latitude and longitude of a city and have a conversion to relate it to the forms X, Y (left, top) location. The first method of simply dropping on the "image" is already done in the demo so that is easy. Geo-referencing can get hard unless these sites can be laid out in a perfect grid.

I noticed that in your main table you store the riskcolor. I would assume that is incorrect, not normalized. The color should be stored in a reference table and the color is determined based on some level of risk.

In my example I select a priority for the task and this tables determines the color of the image to show.

tblFloorComponents tblFloorComponents

ComponentTypeIDComponentDescriptionImageName
7​
Urgent PriorityRed
5​
High PriorityYellow
6​
Low PriorityGreen
2​
Next SeasonPurple
4​
Refit ItemBlack
8​
UnassignedUnassigned
Is a colored dot sufficient for what you want to show? Your map would show clusters of dots and likely the severe are red and least severe are green.

Last edited:

TipsyWolf

Local time
If you look at this

In this example you are dropping tasks on to a "floor plan" of a ship, to represent locations of task to take place. Also you can select multiple "floor plans". Similar to your idea of assigning risks to different Project Sites.

I use the term "floor plan" because this idea originated from dropping images of different tables on to a restaurant floor plan.

Imagine instead of tasks you are dropping risks on to a site location. Notice how the tasks get colored based on priority So I think this can be modified very easily. You can even try by changing the names of the 5 floor plans and placing your own images in the FloorDrawing attachments. You should see dots on your images. You can then move the dots (tasks) around on the image.
tblFloor tblFloor

FloorIDFloorNameFloorDescriptionFloorDrawing
1​
Profile1
2​
Sun deck1
3​
Bridge deck1
4​
Main deck1
5​
Lower deck1

The question is do you want to simply place a risk on the map like I do with a task. I click and drop. Then you can drag and drop as necessary to place it more correctly.
Or do you need to georeference the risk somehow? Example would be you enter location RM167 int the table and it synchronizes to some part of the image representing room 167. I have another example where I do this by storing latitude and longitude of a city and have a conversion to relate it to the forms X, Y (left, top) location. The first method of simply dropping on the "image" is already done in the demo so that is easy. Geo-referencing can get hard unless these sites can be laid out in a perfect grid.

I noticed that in your main table you store the riskcolor. I would assume that is incorrect, not normalized. The color should be stored in a reference table and the color is determined based on some level of risk.

In my example I select a priority for the task and this tables determines the color of the image to show.

tblFloorComponents tblFloorComponents

ComponentTypeIDComponentDescriptionImageName
7​
Urgent PriorityRed
5​
High PriorityYellow
6​
Low PriorityGreen
2​
Next SeasonPurple
4​
Refit ItemBlack
8​
UnassignedUnassigned
Is a colored dot sufficient for what you want to show? Your map would show clusters of dots and likely the severe are red and least severe are green.
very intresting , but very very hard for me as im low skill at access. but i'll have a closer look at it just a bit later, once i finish and run my db, so this is 1st thing in todo list after db goes live.
thank you very much for letting me know it is possible. i'll come back here later. have a nice day, Sir !

MajP

Local time
very intresting , but very very hard for me as im low skill at access.
For now no code is required. But you can modify it to get a better idea of what is possible.

1. Simply find some Site Diagrams and upload to tblFloor. For now do not create new records. But you should be able to edit the existing 5 records with new diagrams.. To Demo I put some site plans instead of ship diagrams and this should be more illustrative
2. Now you should be able to play with it and drag items on to the image and "create" a risk

This is for demo only so these are just the existing "task" fields. I did not mimic your fields. But a lot of these are likely the same types of fields, Risk Name, Risk Date, Priority, etc.

In this image I dropped 4 risks in Dept 123/ Dept 109. 2 are hi pri, 1 is urgent, 1 is low pri. If you click on the "risk" the window pops up and you can edit it.

Risk.jpg

Attachments

• ProjectRisks.accdb
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom