Have tables open in design view automatically? (1 Viewer)

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Yesterday, 19:54
Is there a way, in access 2007 for the tables to automatically open in design view instead of datasheet view?

I turned off "Enable Design Changes for tables in datasheet view" thinking that that would fix the problem, but now they open up in datasheet view with just the ID field and i still have to click design view..

Am i missing something?

Thanks

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 16:54
Right click on the table name in the Nav Pane and select DESIGN VIEW.

rainman89

Local time
Alright smarty!

I'm talking about when I create a new table. I want it to open in design view automatically!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Alright smarty!

I'm talking about when I create a new table. I want it to open in design view automatically!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click CREATE > TABLE DESIGN

Attachments

• tbldesign.png
    tbldesign.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 350

rainman89

Local time
Right I know that.

But when I first open a database it automatically creates a table and its in datasheet view!~!

Don't want it that way. Id rather have it not create a table at all!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Right I know that.

But when I first open a database it automatically creates a table and its in datasheet view!~!

Don't want it that way. Id rather have it not create a table at all!

Ray:

You, of all people, should know by now that if you have a problem you should state it clearly AND with the full explanation. You keep adding to the issue instead of stating that in the first place.

So, let's deal with the real issue then. No, I don't know of a way for that to not happen. It is annoying and I just close the table from the X when I start a new database and then click the TABLE DESIGN button to get my own started in design view. One way around this is to create your own blank ACCDB file which you can then just copy to get started and then it won't have that problem.

rainman89

Local time
Ray:

You, of all people, should know by now that if you have a problem you should state it clearly AND with the full explanation. You keep adding to the issue instead of stating that in the first place.

So, let's deal with the real issue then. No, I don't know of a way for that to not happen. It is annoying and I just close the table from the X when I start a new database and then click the TABLE DESIGN button to get my own started in design view. One way around this is to create your own blank ACCDB file which you can then just copy to get started and then it won't have that problem.

You are supposed to be able to read my mind! And I did state the problem in the very first line!
... for the tables to automatically open in design view instead of datasheet view?

I didn't say click a button!

And i did create a blank one already, but it didn't keep the table closed when I created a new one. I thought that there might be a way to force it into design view when created!

I guess I am just going to have to copy the blank.accdb like you said.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
You are supposed to be able to read my mind! And I did state the problem in the very first line!
No, you didn't say when you create a new database. That is a very INTEGRAL part of the problem here. You didn't include all of the information. So, remember, we don't have the ability to read minds. I wish sometimes I did as it would make some things easier but then again it would also make some things much more difficult (see the old Gilligan's Island episode about that one).

But anyway, have a great weekend. We get good weather this weekend (supposedly). It is so nice right now I am really wanting to leave work and go sit in the park.

rainman89

Local time
No, you didn't say when you create a new database. That is a very INTEGRAL part of the problem here. You didn't include all of the information. So, remember, we don't have the ability to read minds. I wish sometimes I did as it would make some things easier but then again it would also make some things much more difficult (see the old Gilligan's Island episode about that one).

But anyway, have a great weekend. We get good weather this weekend (supposedly). It is so nice right now I am really wanting to leave work and go sit in the park.

Touche!

I thought everyone had esp-n by now anyways.

Have a good one and thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom