Having the same date show up on each form (1 Viewer)

joce

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:30
Hi,

I am designing a database for a farm audit. The idea is you will go on a farm and go through all the questions etc on the database, and perhaps go round and do this monthly on a several different farms.

Is there a way in which I can enter the date on my first form of the database and then wouldnt have to enter it in again for entering that one farms information??

Any help would be really appreciated.

Joce

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:30
Is it a single form you are filling out? if so you code assign a date to an unbound text box and then all date fields could look at using that field or you could use some code to place in the date before the form is closed but you might want to think about also validating so that all the fields are completed.

Would be easier to upload a sample so someone can take a look for you.

joce

Registered User.
Local time
It would be good if I could do the whole farm audit on one page, like one form but I dont know how to do that or if it is even possible as I am only new to all this.

I would be happy to upload a copy of it for you to see, but how do i go about doing that??

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
To uploada copy of the database it must be below 2meg and when you create the reply in your thread look to use the Paperclip icon as per all systems then you browse for the file and upload it.

That should be simple enough to follow.

On your form you can use the tab control and if you are linking to each table then you grab the table or forms and place them on a tab.

joce

Registered User.
Local time
I tried to upload it but seems to be taking forever.

With regards to putting several forms on one page, they wont all fit.

I tried creating a relationship between a date field in one table and in another, but that hasnt seemed to work either.

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
What size is your database then if you can't upload it.

Have you tried to compact it before zipping it.

joce

Registered User.
Local time
Its 5.11 MB, its too big still when zipped

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Can you use a third party website to upload a copy of the database then attach a link in your thread.

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Send me a PM then with your email address and I will reply.

Dairy Farmer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:30
Maybe the easiest way would be have a main form with a tab control. In the tab control are all the sections (forms) of the audit. The main form needs 2 fields: date and farm.

Use linked fields between main for and tabed forms.
The date field in the tabed forms are either not visible or are locked. Entering new records in the tabed forms used the date in the main form as default.

Last edited:

Dairy Farmer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:30
Here is something to get you started

Attachments

• 1.zip
    20.9 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom