HELP! Customer database, Quotes, etc. (1 Viewer)

HoustonOil

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:39
A friend pointed me in the direction of this site, and I sure hope someone can help. I need to build databases that will primarily be used for creating sales quotes. I know my way around, a little bit, but I am having trouble building this database. Would anyone be interested in helping me?

Dwight

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:39
People on this forum are very helpful. If you ask specific questions about a particular problem you are having you will likely get a proposed solution.

But if you are looking for someone here to build the database for you then you will be disappointed.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 10:39
Their is a link somewhere on this site, where person has given prices for a design/build
x dollars per table x dollars per form etc

the point of this forum, is mainly to help people whom build their own

if you keep in on posts and look at some of the theory/design blurbs you will pick up a lot of info/help

the main point is get the basic format of your tables right and you are off
forms follow then you getinto qry and reports

stucture your tables correctly and the rest falls into place -
i have found that 95% of the most complicated problems can be broken down

so if you require x+ y /z *r
as long as you can get to what x
y z and r it will flow

x ccould be the sum of A+B

the other 5% that is not doable in this simplist manner- the guys here love and fix as it increases their knowledge as well, you will find that there are very few new problems , most have already been thrashed out and either fixed or un-doable

hth

HoustonOil

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:39
YEah, sorry for not being very specific. I am not really looking for someone to do it for me, I just need some help.

In my table I have a "description" column that is for the product descriptions. I have this column set to "memo" because the descriptions can be lengthy. I need to have this description automatically placed in my form based on what "product id" I select. I have the "product id" in the table and it gives me a dropdown to pick my product id. When I pick my product id I want it to automatically populate the product description and unit price.

? ? ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom