Question Help Lookup displaying incorrectly in table view but dropdown functioning properly. (1 Viewer)

tif

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:33
In my Access 2016 DB, I have 2 tables.

Table Customers has an Account Number field. It is Primary Key, Long Integer, Increment, Format "CN1"000. When I enter customers into the table, this field is autogenerating CN1001, CN1002, etc. This is as desired.

Table Customer Orders has a Field Titled Account Number. It is Long Integer, Decimal Places Auto, and a Lookup Combo Box/Table Query,
SELECT Customers.[Account Number], Customers.Company, Customers.[First Name], Customers.[Last Name] FROM Customers ORDER BY Customers.[Account Number], Customers.[Company], Customers.[First Name], Customers.[Last Name];

In the Customer Orders table, datasheet view, the Account Number field is only showing the last digit of my account number (1, 2, etc). However, the dropdown from the lookup is showing the full account number correctly (CN1001, CN1002, etc). How do I get datasheet view to show the full account number?

Attached for reference.

Attachments

• GYBS Order Manager 3.zip
    63.9 KB · Views: 105

tif

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:33
Thank you JDraw. I have read the reference you linked. If I don't use a lookup, how do I point to the table and field (list) I want to choose from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom