Help with displaying filtered subform (1 Viewer)

Stroud1977

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:35
Hi,

I'm a novice and building my first database, so excuse my ignorance.

I've attached a link below so you can see what i'm talking about.

I know this is probably a really simple thing, but I cant seem to manage it.

Basically, its a database for an entertainments agency, I've got a form for 'Artists' which shows the performers on the agencies books. I've tabbed the form so one screen shows the artist details and I want the second screen to show the bookings that the specific artist has.
I've linked to the 'bookings' table on the subform successfully, but I can't figure out how to filter it so it just shows the bookings that the specific artist showed has.

Ie: I want it so that The Deltatones booking tab ONLY shows the deltatones bookings.

Can anyone help?

Here's the dropbox link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkrwqi4f1gcs1cl/R.C.E Database FIXED copy.zip

Thanks so much

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
I have not looked at your file, DropBox is blocked in my Office network for some reasons ! :rolleyes:

But, just to make things clear, say if an artist has 75 places where he/she is doing gigs in the next month, would you have 75 different tabs? Each for a specific location.

Or you are saying something and I totally got it wrong?

Stroud1977

Registered User.
Local time
I have not looked at your file, DropBox is blocked in my Office network for some reasons ! :rolleyes:

But, just to make things clear, say if an artist has 75 places where he/she is doing gigs in the next month, would you have 75 different tabs? Each for a specific location.

Or you are saying something and I totally got it wrong?

Hi Mate, thanks for your reply.

No, i don't want different tabs for different gigs, I just need the linked table to only show the gigs booked for that specific artist, (ie: not All the gigs)
basically I've already linked to a 'Bookings' table in my subform (which right now only has two gigs on the booking table, one for the Deltatones and another for another group), so i just need a way of filtering it by artist name etc.

I feel this is probably really simple and I'm being a bit thick!

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
So go to the Subform and there should be a Property Link Master Fields and Link Child fields. Link them it should filter automatically.

CazB

Registered User.
Local time
I can't get to dropbox at work either :-S so I can't see your sample...
So are you selecting Deltatones on the main form, and then wanting to show only their bookings on a subform?

If that is the case, all you need to do is make sure you have the ArtistID (or whatever you are using as the identifier) on both the main form and subform, and then set the Link Master Field and Link Child Field to ArtistID in the subform property sheet.

[Edit] just noticed paul got back to you quicker - he can obviously type faster than me ;) - but I think we're both saying the same thing!

Stroud1977

Registered User.
Local time
Dudes! Thank you so much. That was exactly what i needed. Working perfectly now! Cheers

Steve

CazB

Registered User.
Local time
Glad to be of service, Steve...

and Paul.... you're correct, I'm not a 'Dude' in the traditional sense but I'm a bit of a geek so I guess that makes me a dude in another sense ;)

Caz

Stroud1977

Registered User.
Local time
Glad to be of service, Steve...

and Paul.... you're correct, I'm not a 'Dude' in the traditional sense but I'm a bit of a geek so I guess that makes me a dude in another sense ;)

Caz

You're all dudes to me! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom