Help with DSum #Error (1 Viewer)

nj2la96

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:06
Hi guys,

I am trying to do a simple query to get the running total from a field. I have ClientID, InvoiceDate, and InvoiceBalance fields and I am simply trying to get the running total of the InvoiceBalance field for each ClientID by InvoiceDate.

Now I've used the formula

ClientBalance: CCur(DSum("[InvoiceBalance]","Test","ClientID =" & [ClientID] & "AND InvoiceDate <=#" & [InvoiceDate] & "#"))

But this seems to work only on select fields and give me #Error on others. See attachment for a picture of my error.

What am I doing wrong??

Attachments

• accesserror.jpg
    accesserror.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 109

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:06
you need extra space in "AND", should be " AND ". also try formatting your date to US format.

[InvoiceDate] < = #" & Format([InvoiceDate], "mm/dd/yyyy") & "#"

nj2la96

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your response.

I tried that but no luck, I still get #Error. I'm in UK so the format for me would be dd/mm/yyyy.

It's really weird that it works on certain fields and it doesn't on others. I've looked up the table and the data looks right to me

Any other ideas?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:06
if your dsum does not find any record, it will return a Null value. therefore converting it to currency type (Ccur()) will result in error. try catching this error:

ClientBalance: NZ(CCur(DSum("[InvoiceBalance]","Test","ClientID =" & [ClientID] & "AND InvoiceDate <=#" & Format([InvoiceDate],"mm/dd/yyyy") & "#")) , 0)

nj2la96

Registered User.
Local time
Oh wow. Thanks a lot. It worked!!! You've someone very happy ty

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom