Hi everyone (1 Viewer)

JefJFitz

Local time
Today, 03:50
Hello, my name is Jeff and I am employed by an oil refinery in the United States. I got exposed to Access about 25 years ago when we installed some yield accounting software that used it for data storage. I wouldn't consider myself a power user...guess I know just enough to be dangerous. I have built forms for inputting data and even dabbled in VB programming a bit. My biggest accomplishment was the design and construction of an Access DB that would allow the user to load a petroleum product (asphalt or distillate) railcar by entering a set of parameters and pushing a button. The program would optimize the amount of product to load into the car to prevent it from being overweight when shipped out. That database was in service from the late 90's until just a couple years ago when the loading function was switched to an online program. My current job has recently required me to dive back into Access after a few years of not really using it. I stumbled across this forum last evening while trying to figure out how to show a negative value in an Access report in red and parenthesized. Thought I'd join because I was astonished with all of the expertise on here and hoping that I can learn a few things. Thank you!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:50
Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:50
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:50
Hello, Jeff, and welcome to the forum.