How do i do that?? (1 Viewer)

talktime

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:55
hi all
i have a report based on a query, the query nicely extracts all the records from database

who have not paid the dues. we send the report as a reminder to our students that they have

not paid their due for the following months for example
You have not paid your dues for
April 2014
May 2014
June 2014
July 2014 and so on

Now the question is that instead of printing all the unpaid months one after the other, i

want only to print the starting month, in this case From April, 2014 to and the Current

month i.e. July, 2014. How can i do that?
:eek:

MarvinM

Registered User.
Local time
Hi talktime,

You will need to determine what the earliest and latest dates are in your results. How is your VBA? Are you familiar with Domain functions?

Regards,
Marvin M

talktime

Registered User.
Local time
the query pulls the whole month not specific dates, say if i give it in from box 25/04/14 and in to box 03/09/14 it will show only April/2014 and Sept/2014. its find but i only want to mention From April to Sept instead of Apr, May, Jun, July and Sept.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 03:55
I'm not sure you can do it with the query you've by using Min and Max, but else create a new query base it on the query you've and use the Min and Max to get the first and last month.

MarvinM

Registered User.
Local time
You have selection boxes? Use that!

If you are selecting a date range for the query, then use the dates that were entered into those boxes. Format the dates the way you want, such as "mmmm yyyy".

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 03:55
Queering for a period, is not the same as saying they don't have paid in the period!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom