How do I show only checked checkbox's? (1 Viewer)

adamskiii

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:06
I am building a query and want to show only the checkbox's that have been checked. What kind of validation rule/formula can I make so I can create my own column title and then show the name of the checkbox's checked? Here is a picture of what it currently looks like:

Instead of having all the checkbox name column's showing up I want to create just one column that shows all the checkbox's checked. How can I do this? For example, in the picture in the second row only carlessDriv and speeding box's are checked, but all others are still visible. I want to create one entry that will show only: carlessDriv, speeding

Thanks

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:06
In your query for the check box, in the Criteria put either "True"or -1, either will return the check boxes that are checked.

adamskiii

Registered User.
Local time
thanks, but there are many rows with checkbox's that I have. if I set them all to false then only one row will show up. I want to replace all the current columns such as carlessDriv and speeding with just one. Below this column it will show the name of the checkbox's that are checked.Any idea?

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:06
Is the query in the attached the sort of thing you are looking for?

Attachments

• db1.zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 2,092

adamskiii

Registered User.
Local time
thank you soo much. This is exactly what I was looking for:D

nyaworld

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:06
Is the query in the attached the sort of thing you are looking for?

Hi. I'm looking for a solution to this very issue and I tried to download the zip file you attached. Maybe it's corrupted, but when I attempt to open it, it's just blank.

GohDiamond

"Access- Imagineer that!"
Local time
Today, 14:06
F11 to see tables, queries and other objects
ALT+F11 to See code

Cheers!
Goh

nyaworld

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:06
F11 to see tables, queries and other objects
ALT+F11 to See code

Cheers!
Goh

I am using Access 2016 and when I extract and open with Access, it shows a blank screen. No navigation pane, F11 or ALT + F11 doesn't do anything.

The ribbon only shows "FILE" tab and everything else is locked.

What am I missing?

GohDiamond

"Access- Imagineer that!"
Local time
Just tried opening it with 2013 and it works. Could be an issue with 2016 not liking older .mdb files so, if you have an earlier version then use that to open the file and upgrade it to an accdb so that you can access it with your MS Access 2016.

Cheers!
Goh

or maybe somebody could do that for you and repost it. sorry I can't post objects outside of my domain from my current location

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I read the zip file and created db1.accdb in the attached zip.
Good luck.

Attachments

• db1AsAccdb.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 447

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom