how i can delete the password in modules (1 Viewer)

root7

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:35
please how i can delete the password in modules.
i tried most of the programmes but i could not slove the problem.
Many Thanks.

ByteMyzer

AWF VIP
Local time
In your database project:

1) Select a Module (any Module) and go to Design View.
2) Enter the password when prompted.
3) In the Visual Basic Screen, Project Explorer (usually along the left side), right-click on Modules.
4) Click on the Protection tab.
5) Un-check the box [Lock project for viewing] and clear the password fields.
6) Click on the [OK] button to save the changes.

root7

Registered User.
Local time
thank you so much for your replying ..the moduals are blocked by password and i do not know this password what shall i do to delete this password or to show this password for deleting it.Many Tanks

ByteMyzer

AWF VIP
Local time
Is this your database, or are you trying to view the code on a database created and protected by someone else? If the latter, I recommend contacting the owner of the database for the information.

root7

Registered User.
Local time
i will be honest with you it is not of me but i am learning access .i like programme in access but unfortunately i find it blocked with password so i want to know everything about codes and how the progrmme works.so i hope to help me.Thank you so much

joh024

TJ
Local time
Today, 15:35
I would recommend just trying to build some things yourself. You will never learn this language simply by reading what someone else wrote.

On a side note, lol @ your username root while trying to learn a Ms specific program.

root7

Registered User.
Local time
i respect your opinion but i belive that there is no borders in learning .

ByteMyzer

AWF VIP
Local time

You should also respect and consider the possibility that the code that you are trying to view is proprietary code, and not meant for public viewing.

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Wrong and I'll tell you why. Coding is like an art form. You can spend a lot of time and money to develop some code that works completely awesome and is very efficient and all. You may not want to share this with the world and so the programmer will take all steps to protect that INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY that they designed and spent hours debugging to get right. So, here comes along a guy who wants to learn. That is great, but just like Magicians, you do not have immediate access to the "signature" tricks that the magician has spent years (sometimes) refining and developing. You may be lucky enough to get on as an apprentice with them and they may share many of their secrets. But, in the end, you must do the work for some of the things that you want to do. And with particularly complex code - you are likely going to find that you will not be able to simply "come see" how they did it. It may amaze and awe you, but you have no right to see how it was done, unless the "magician" decides to share his secret with you.

So, no you do not have the right to view whatever you want in the spirit of learning. And trying to get in to someone else's stuff, where you've been purposely shut out, is hacking and is considered a criminal offense.

joh024

TJ
Local time
Today, 15:35
Wrong and I'll tell you why. Coding is like an art form. You can spend a lot of time and money to develop some code that works completely awesome and is very efficient and all. You may not want to share this with the world and so the programmer will take all steps to protect that INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY that they designed and spent hours debugging to get right. So, here comes along a guy who wants to learn. That is great, but just like Magicians, you do not have immediate access to the "signature" tricks that the magician has spent years (sometimes) refining and developing. You may be lucky enough to get on as an apprentice with them and they may share many of their secrets. But, in the end, you must do the work for some of the things that you want to do. And with particularly complex code - you are likely going to find that you will not be able to simply "come see" how they did it. It may amaze and awe you, but you have no right to see how it was done, unless the "magician" decides to share his secret with you.

So, no you do not have the right to view whatever you want in the spirit of learning. And trying to get in to someone else's stuff, where you've been purposely shut out, is hacking and is considered a criminal offense.

Wow you took that in a completely different direction that I originally intended. I am an open source supporter and think that having a skilled programmer help you refine holes in your code will ultimately lead to better source code. I also have an analogy. Programming is like working on cars. People like root will only be mechanics if they don't learn the basics first but that doesn't mean that he doesn't by default have the right to see something beyond his reach. I was only saying that it would be wrong to start somewhere so complex.

I mean look at the security flaws in M$ products compared to Linux. Their design flaws (the 2GB DB limit comes to mind) from trying to hide things just creates frustration from their users.

rommelgenlight

Registered User.
Local time
Wow you took that in a completely different direction that I originally intended. I am an open source supporter and think that having a skilled programmer help you refine holes in your code will ultimately lead to better source code. I also have an analogy. Programming is like working on cars. People like root will only be mechanics if they don't learn the basics first but that doesn't mean that he doesn't by default have the right to see something beyond his reach. I was only saying that it would be wrong to start somewhere so complex.

I mean look at the security flaws in M$ products compared to Linux. Their design flaws (the 2GB DB limit comes to mind) from trying to hide things just creates frustration from their users.

Here we go again! THE DESIGN FLAW ? 2GB LIMIT ?

is it a FLAW? big word isn't it?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:35
I am an open source supporter and think that having a skilled programmer help you refine holes in your code will ultimately lead to better source code.

Well may you be a supporter of Open Source. That is your decision. However programmers also have the right to protect their work. Overriding their rights to protect that code and insisting it be available to the public is called fascism.

I also have an analogy. Programming is like working on cars. People like root will only be mechanics if they don't learn the basics first but that doesn't mean that he doesn't by default have the right to see something beyond his reach. I was only saying that it would be wrong to start somewhere so complex.

Mechanics can see the completed product but they don't by default have access to the techniques used in construction of the machine. The VB code is the production process underlying the UI.

There is rarely much point in discussing the religious beliefs of the faithful so I will leave it at that.

Last edited:

ByteMyzer

AWF VIP
Local time
i will be honest with you it is not of me but i am learning access .i like programme in access but unfortunately i find it blocked with password so i want to know everything about codes and how the progrmme works.so i hope to help me.Thank you so much

In that case you should contact the original programmer, to state your interest in studying the code. If you legitimately obtained a copy of this file, the programmer may be willing to oblige you. If not, and if the file is proprietary in nature, then, as SOS pointed out, you could be subject to criminal charges.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:35

Actually I wonder what joh024 is doing at this forum at all. Isn't Access the spawn of $atan? :eek:

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Here we go again! THE DESIGN FLAW ?
2GB LIMIT ?
It isn't a flaw smartypants - it is a technical barrier based on the 32 bit system as Access is a file based storage system. Perhaps when they get everyone on 64 bit Operating Systems they will then move up the space limit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom