How is this ISIS charade going to play out? (2 Viewers)

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Today, 07:11
I'm assuming he means in some american states the death penalty still stands, Most of the time it is lethal injection - (Speaking of that, there was a news story recently of the last words of a murderer of children and women. His last words were, My arm is tingling and then swiftly died.) I wouldn't call that barbaric but each to their own.

I don't keep up to date on death penalties, Do they still use the Electric chair in some states over the pond?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I also don't know how quick and painless the different systems are but would have thought that lethal injection was not barbaric, maybe Anthony objects to capital punishment in any form.

Brian

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
I should think lethal injection is like being on a drip, but when you fall asleep their is no waking up. But there obviously isn't anyone alive who can prove this.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
I also don't know how quick and painless the different systems are but would have thought that lethal injection was not barbaric, maybe Anthony objects to capital punishment in any form.

Brian

Probably do yes. I watched "14 days in may" as a youngster, stayed with me.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...-gone-wrong-details-lethal-injections-arizona
or the electric chair seem fairly barbaric.

I think we'd be in for an argument of what's barbaric. That's in the eye of the beholder somewhat.

Best to agree that ISIS trumps the lot easily. In terms of method and chosen subjects of their deeds.

Last edited:

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Isis no doubt trumps this. I mean trapping a man inside a cage and setting a trail of flames to him.

This isn't just barbaric, It's a monstrosity.

Read some of the comments on Anthony's link, I would have to admit - That "Botched" Lethal injection is only a morsel of pain and fear in the face of what they did to those they tortured and killed.

Where do you guys stand on the death penalty?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Tried to find stats on percentage of executions botched but could not, still one is one too many.

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
IS is just the current flavour of the month, just like Bader Meinhoff, Italian Red Brigade, Black September, IRA, KKK, the crusades, Christians, American troops burning people with napalm, Palestinians, Israelies, Roman Empire, British Empire and many dozens more were in the past.

It will pass and be superceeded by another group.

Col

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Hopefully yes they will pass. They for their time are as heinous as anyone and worse than most. You know that though col.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
If you want to ask that then you probably need a new thread or risk this one being derailed.

Brian

I don't mind, (probably) neither does anyone else but yourself Brian.

My next question would have been do you think it should be brought back for IS Jihadists. (eye for an eye)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I don't mind, (probably) neither does anyone else but yourself Brian.

Just popped in before going out for the day and I find this slightly antagonistic reply to my friendly warning about the possibility of derailing this thread, why?
And why do you think you can speak for everybody else?

My next question would have been do you think it should be brought back for IS Jihadists. (eye for an eye)

It depends on their crime and other factors.

Brian

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Just popped in before going out for the day and I find this slightly antagonistic reply to my friendly warning about the possibility of derailing this thread, why?

Brian

No harsh intentions, Just stating the fact no-one else on this forum ever seems to mind about going a little (or a lot) off topic but you because you are actually the only person I have seen comment about topics being derailed (some would just consider it "chatting") :p - I never said I spoke for everyone else, (which was why I put the word Probably).

Well as for the IS, their crime would be torturing, beheading, Mass Executions - Those are a few of the atrocities these people commit, and most/maybe all of them do these acts.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
No harsh intentions, Just stating the fact no-one else on this forum ever seems to mind about going a little (or a lot) off topic but you because you are actually the only person I have seen comment about topics being derailed (some would just consider it "chatting") :p - I never said I spoke for everyone else, (which was why I put the word Probably).

Well as for the IS, their crime would be torturing, beheading, Mass Executions - Those are a few of the atrocities these people commit, and most/maybe all of them do these acts.

Not that it really matters - but if a thread morphs into something else organically that's one thing. But if its invited to go off subject with
Where do you guys stand on the death penalty?
that's another.

Its actively inviting people to go off subject when others are still discussing the original one. I made an effort on my post not to get into a debate on the death penalty, precisely cos its off on a tangent to the thread.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time

Brian

You've mellowed - you wanted to nuke em all earlier!

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Not that it really matters - but if a thread morphs into something else organically that's one thing. But if its invited to go off subject with that's another.

Its actively inviting people to go off subject when others are still discussing the original one. I made an effort on my post not to get into a debate on the death penalty, precisely cos its off on a tangent to the thread.

It wasn't completely off subject, I have said what my following question would have been. It was more like testing the water before jumping in. If you were dead set against the death penalty I wasn't going to put across my point because yours wouldn't be swayed.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
You've mellowed - you wanted to nuke em all earlier!

Not only am I older :D but it was pointed out to me that not all are guilty, also I assumed that Connor was talking about Jihadists caught in countries away from the main fighting, maybe I got that wrong, so yes let's nuke the bastards and accept the collateral damage, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

Brian

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 02:11
The West continues cultural suicide by playing "the sins of our fathers" card. Recently Obama reiterated the politically correct mantra of lambasting of the Crusades but blatantly ignored the barbaric Muslim conquest (including convert or die) of much of the Middle East and Eastern Europe.

In 1453 Constantinople was sacked. The Muslims made it as far as Vienna, Austria twice before being turned back. Once in 1529 and once again in 1683. The Turks in the early 1900 practiced genocide/ethnic cleansing against Greeks and Armenians. Obama overlooked mentioning these obvious atrocities, perhaps because they did not fit his mantra of the Muslims being "victims" and the need to vilify the West as the brutal aggressor.

Today - Islamic expansion has been reinvigorated and reemerged. Obama's faux unrealistic solution: "the West need to understand Islamic culture and respond to their feelings of oppression so that they won't attack the West". History has adequately demonstrated that the Islamist's are aggressively at war with the West and are not sympathetic to modifying their actions in response to politically correct "understanding".

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
So basically stop trying to calm them down, Kill'em all!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom