how to check if a record is currently edited by another user? (1 Viewer)

kulitmaki

Local time
Today, 07:37
im running access97 on an NT environment using DAO my question is this - is there a way to check in code whether a record is currently edited by another user.

my problem is this i have table A with 2 fields bank# and date. users always edit the date field in table A. now in other modules there are queries that access this date in table A whenever i run these queries e.g. an update query that would get the date in table A and update field signed_date in table B, what happen is that signed_date in table B would not be updated (null value).

thats why i would like to check these records first before running the query if there is a pending edit i would not run the query.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:37
I don't think that will help you. You would have to read the entire table and by the time you get to the end, someone could be editing an earlier record.

kulitmaki

Local time
Today, 07:37
Pat Hartman said:
I don't think that will help you. You would have to read the entire table and by the time you get to the end, someone could be editing an earlier record.

yes this is what i did i already solved the problem, i created a function that would edit the table (actually i just issue a .edit then .update simultaneously) if an error occured the function will send a flag. the table is not that big anyway (max 20 records).

thanks pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom