I can't find where a report is referencing a form (1 Viewer)

SQLWayne

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:14
I'm developing what is essentially a student information system. When I have a particular student edit form open, I have a button to open a report to print just this one student. The problem is that the report previously reference a different form for the Filter parameter, and I can't find where that is embedded in the report to clear it. When I open the report, it pops up a parameter prompt that references the previous form, I've cleared the Filter parameter and I've set it through VBA and it still references the prev form.

I've gone through the code (there's not a lot), and it's not on any of the properties. If I rename the form that was previously referenced, the new name pops up on the parameter prompt. I've used the documenter tool to print the full form with all values to a PDF, and after looking through all 100+ pages, I still can't see where the prompt is coming from.

Any suggestions on where else to look so I can fix this stupid thing?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:14
It could be in the code that opens the report. Another hiding place is Group & Sort.

SQLWayne

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:14
Naturally about ten minutes after I posted this, I found the problem and have fixed it. It was lurking in the code that looked up the name of the school in the report properties. Somehow I overlooked it pouring through a 100 page printout, imagine that. ;-)

*sigh*

Isn't that always the way it is? But thanks for the suggestion of looking in Group & Sort, I hadn't considered that. In this case, since I'm only printing one student, that's not germane here but I'll have to file that away for future reference.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:14
Yup, that's how it often is. Glad you found the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom