I’m Mad as Hell and I’m not going to take it any more. (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 17:01
Like shouting it out the window, in the seventies movie, Network.

Thought I’d start a thread that was already off topic.

What about your own society makes you mad as hell?

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 22:01
Reality TV, ITV, alarming rise in illiteracy, management speak, Dan Brown, Waterstones' increasing UK domination, Hollywood, spammers, fat people standing in narrow aisles, the UK property market.

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
reclusivemonkey said:
Who is Dan Brown?

A poor craftsman of the literary ilk who has made millions by churning out half-baked "novels" which have been devoured by our many nations' braindead and been proclaimed the best thing ever. It's poor.

reclusivemonkey

Registered User.
Local time
SJ McAbney said:
A poor craftsman of the literary ilk who has made millions by churning out half-baked "novels" which have been devoured by our many nations' braindead and been proclaimed the best thing ever. It's poor.

Just googled him; the Da Vinci Code guy. So of the alleged three people who haven't read this, I am one, SJ is another, I wonder who the third is? The last book I read was "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel, I am currently reading "How To Lose Friends and Alienate People" by Toby Young (I saw him on Newsnight and he came across very well).

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
I've read it. Chaff for dumb people.

R

Rich

reclusivemonkey said:
Just googled him; the Da Vinci Code guy. So of the alleged three people who haven't read this, I am one, SJ is another, I wonder who the third is?
Me :D am I missing anything?:confused:

reclusivemonkey

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Me :D am I missing anything?:confused:

This was google's third result for Dan Brown;

Rich said:
Language Log: The Dan Brown code
Approximately three people still haven't read Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code: Mark Liberman ... We could call it... the Da Vinci code; or the Dan Brown code. ...

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
reclusivemonkey said:
Who is Dan Brown?
I’m mad as hell that closed minded morons put people on their ignore list and than have the audacity to post on their threads.

Last edited:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
jsanders said:
Somethings wrong with the board.
I'll try to get vas to delete it

I was about to post an apology as I've seen lots of duplicate posts and guessed that there must have been a problem

Brian

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
You may have opened the floodgates with this one ;) .
My personal top three:

People who won't shut up in the cinema, then act surprised when you tell them to.

People who speak to shop assistants, waiters/waitresses, delivery people, etc. as if they're somehow a lower form of life. Especially those cretins who hold up their hand to stop the assistant talking, so that they take a mobile phone call.

Tele-sales people who call after 9pm or before 8am. Surprisingly common, I've found.

reclusivemonkey

Registered User.
Local time
Matt Greatorex said:
People who speak to shop assistants, waiters/waitresses, delivery people, etc. as if they're somehow a lower form of life. Especially those cretins who hold up their hand to stop the assistant talking, so that they take a mobile phone call.

Not quite as annoying as shop assistants, waiters, delivery people who treat the people who pay their wages like dirt, IMHO. The last episode I had was waiting fourty minutes for in Tootsie's (their slogan is "The Best Burgers you ever tasted), for them to burn my burger. When it finally arrived, and the manager came to ask how it was, I told him, politely, exactly how it was. His response?

"Well burgers do burn sometimes you know".

My response

"Not when I am paying for them they don't".

I left in digust without paying for mine or my girlfriends. I sent a complaint on their website and never heard anything back. Typical of pretty much everywhere these days unfortunately.

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Parcelforce. I can get an item shipped efficiently in a couple of days from the States only to have it languish for a month in one of their warehouses and then they send me a note threatening to return it if I don't collect it within 2 days. And don't even bother complaining to their so-called customer service office. Wa****s

Idiots returning from holiday on already cramped planes wearing 3 foot sombreros. (The idiots not the planes):D

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
KenHigg said:
Does someone need a 'Time-out'? :) :) :)

Are you referring to me attacking The Monkey Man?

Normally I wouldn't talk about someone behind their back. But he actually bragged about having me on his ignore list. So I reckon that entitles me to rave about one of my biggest sore spots: closed mindedness.

That brings me to this.
People that refuse to see the other side of the story. In other words…stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom