Ironic for a db forum (1 Viewer)

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Today, 11:16
You know, it just occured to me that it is somewhat odd that this forum, which is dedicated to the intricacies of db design, lists the current post-count for a user next to each of their posts, instead of their post-count at the time of the post. If I were designing it there'd be a junction table somewhere ;) Of course, that'd use more disk space so perhaps it's a more pragmatic system. :D

Ok, bored silly and waiting for 4:30 PM to roll around! :)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
You know, it just occured to me that it is somewhat odd that this forum, which is dedicated to the intricacies of db design, lists the current post-count for a user next to each of their posts, instead of their post-count at the time of the post. If I were designing it there'd be a junction table somewhere ;) Of course, that'd use more disk space so perhaps it's a more pragmatic system. :D

Yeah, and the upside to that would be that people wouldn't hit my posts from 6 years ago and see my current post count and wonder why I didn't have some simple knowledge :D

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
FWIW, the problem lies squarely with the vBulletin software. This behavior is same in other forums using the same software.

One forum I know of, however has elected to remove post counts and reputation from the main thread view to avoid post whoring. :)

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Bob, that was what occured to me when my very first post showed up in one of my searches and I felt somewhat embarassed to have ever been so lacking in knowledge! :) My post count now in that context makes me look a bit ...well....like I'd qualify to work at the white house, really ;)

...remove post counts and reputation from the main thread view to avoid post whoring.

Gee Banana, are you suggesting I need to start wearing my forum fish-net stockings? :D

Banana

Local time
Well, I hear that girls think men in fish-net stockings are HOT!

Scout's honor!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:16
If you visit N'Awlins, guys in fish-net stockings are easy to find - somewhere in the end of the French Quarter nearer to Elysian Fields Ave. than to Canal St.

Hot is not, however, a word I might use to describe any of them. The sound might more closely resemble the noise made by a cat with a serious and immediate hairball problem.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:16
Fish net stockings on a bloke? No, no, no, well -maybe a gay bank robber with them over his head I suppose.

Banana

Local time
What were you expecting? :confused:

Barney the purple dinosaur in fish-net stocking singing the theme song?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom