Is this where aged hookers go when they retire ? (1 Viewer)

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:18
Time and time again I get wheedling, importunate phone calls from women trying to sell me stuff, usually aluminium siding or thermal glazing etc.

I can tell from their rough, uneducated accents and their whining tones that they just have to be decrepit hookers too aged and ugly to be able to turn a buck by street walking . I've heard these voices from Sao Paulo to Sydney.

Any else had this experience ?

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:18
Time and time again I get wheedling, importunate phone calls from women trying to sell me stuff, usually aluminium siding or thermal glazing etc.

I can tell from their rough, uneducated accents and their whining tones that they just have to be decrepit hookers too aged and ugly to be able to turn a buck by street walking . I've heard these voices from Sao Paulo to Sydney.

Any else had this experience ?

I would have thought a bit of rough talk from a prossie would have you reaching for you wallet soon as? I wouldnt recognise the sound of them to be honest.

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
I would have thought a bit of rough talk from a prossie would have you reaching for you wallet soon as? I wouldnt recognise the sound of them to be honest.

Perhaps you are too unappealing for them to want to bother with you ?

Even a " prossie " as you so quaintly refer to them, would expect her clients to be clean smelling and odour free.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:18
Marlin, I worked my way through college as a musician on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. (I was a keyboards guy in my band.) I've seen people in all walks of life and know why many of them do what they do.

I can tell you that aged hookers do not go into telemarketing. We reserve those jobs for people of low enough intelligence and self-esteem that they feel the need to make snide remarks about other people's misfortunes in life.

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
Marlin, I worked my way through college as a musician on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. (I was a keyboards guy in my band.) I've seen people in all walks of life and know why many of them do what they do.

I can tell you that aged hookers do not go into telemarketing. We reserve those jobs for people of low enough intelligence and self-esteem that they feel the need to make snide remarks about other people's misfortunes in life.

Oh, Man !

Years ago in the six months between leaving university and being commissioned into the Army I would have given my eye teeth to have worked in
telemarketing ! Instead, though, I sold encyclopaedias door to door and made hundreds of thousands of £ instead. Sensibly I invested my earnings during the three years I served in my regiment and this provided the seed corn money to start up my own business when I resigned my commission. There is no need to flaunt my wealth and nor will I . Suffice it to say that I retired at fifty having made a colossal amount of moolah. Thus it follows that I have been industrious and astute and can legitimately thrive on the misfortunes of those who haven't.
What else are they for ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom