Just a wild thought (1 Viewer)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 11:19
True... ;)

I was thinking maybe he's American (?), Not UK beacuse he ask about Blair and not some other country because there simple are not a whole lot from other countries around here... Hum, possibly Canadian? I was also guessing maybe West Coast...

Bart Fishermans

Give peace a chance.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:19
KenHigg said:
True... ;)

I was thinking maybe he's American (?), Not UK beacuse he ask about Blair and not some other country because there simple are not a whole lot from other countries around here... Hum, possibly Canadian? I was also guessing maybe West Coast...
Don't worry about it too much guys. I'm just here to join a a forum and do a bit of Bush bashing while I'm at it. And learn some other computer stuff too.
Hey you missed 2 posts where I didn't mention Bush.! :D
I'll give the first person a prize if they can guess my nationality and country I live in.
So for now all I want to say is :BushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBushBush

KenHigg

Local time
Bart Fishermans said:
.... I'm just here to join a a forum and do a bit of Bush bashing while I'm at it. ...

Sorry, This is not an AA forum... Even though Col & Rich could drive a person to drinking...

(Sorry - Couldn't pass up the chance at a cheap shot :p )

Bart Fishermans

Give peace a chance.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:19
KenHigg said:
Sorry, This is not an AA forum... Even though Col & Rich could drive a person to drinking...

I a pretty bad speller and i usually double check my post but wanted to just put in a quick reply..I am an artist *cough cough* and here's my latest painting. I can give you links to my Bush satire paintings also but I think that can wait for later.

anyhow this one's called..." In Memory of ".

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:19
KenHigg said:

a cheap shot of what? Southern Comfort? - if they really are cheap, I'll pop over and we'll down a few Ken:D

Col

Registered User.
Local time
I certainly believe Bio-fuels are a way forward in reducing emissions. However Bio-fuels will add an extra and interesting dimension to fuel markets. For example what happens if there is a crop failure due to drought or pest infestation? What will the net impact be on the environment if there is an increase in the use of fertilizers and pesticides/herbicides to support national scale use of bio-fuels. What is the impact of mono-culture on bio-diversity because there will certainly needed to be changes to the scale of production that would be need to meet nationally legislated minimum useage i.e 5-10-15% ethanol by volume. What is the true carbon reduction effect. Bio-fuels are not infact carbon neutral to use the parlance. They require energy to transport and refine/brew which may come from fossil fuels. The logical answer to part of that problem at least is to have locally grown crops refined and distributed to local fuel stations which would at least reduce the impact of transportation. To add another dimension would countries that have so far resisted moves towards genetically modified crops sanction their use for crops that could produce higher oil or sugar yields to be used in the bio-fuels market.
Finally you can run a diesel car on cooking oil with little modification however it is illegal to do so in the UK unless you pay fuel tax meaning that there is actually little incentive -accept perhaps one of assuaging a fevered conscience - for the consumer to switch unless they have no choice.

slrphd

Registered User.
Local time
Give HFCS a Break

Just read your note and thought I would add my two cents worth. First, look at the ingerdients list. If high fructose corn syrup is present, there are no other sugars added since it is about 60 times sweeter than dextrose, the usual sweetener. That means I can make a product with the same sweetness taste with a lot less sugar - a boon to those would should limit their sugar intake. Second, frustose, some times called levulose, is a natural product and readily metabolizable by any organism that has a glycolysis pathway (that's all of them: animals, plants, protozoa, you name it). So, I do not know where the idea that fructose is a bad actor comes from other than some form of tribal knowledge that has acquired a life of its own. I know of no rigorous study suggesting fructose has deleterious side effects (of course, I haven't read everything). Remember that nearly everything we consume gets converted to glucose unless used directly as a building block so sugars are not inherently bad for us. The amount we consume is and HFCS can help us with that part.

KenHigg

Local time
ColinEssex said:
a cheap shot of what? Southern Comfort? - if they really are cheap, I'll pop over and we'll down a few Ken:D

Col

Goodness... aren't we witty this morning...

BTW - That 'God save the queen' is really cute... Is that some kind of ditty that is supposed to do a unity type thing among you old schoolers?

KenHigg

Local time
Bart Fishermans said:
I a pretty bad speller and i usually double check my post but wanted to just put in a quick reply..I am an artist *cough cough* and here's my latest painting. I can give you links to my Bush satire paintings also but I think that can wait for later.

Do you earn a living selling that kind of stuff?

KenHigg

Local time
slrphd said:
Just read your note and thought I would add my two cents worth. First, look at the ingerdients list. If high fructose corn syrup is present, there are no other sugars added since it is about 60 times sweeter than dextrose, the usual sweetener. That means I can make a product with the same sweetness taste with a lot less sugar - a boon to those would should limit their sugar intake. Second, frustose, some times called levulose, is a natural product and readily metabolizable by any organism that has a glycolysis pathway (that's all of them: animals, plants, protozoa, you name it). So, I do not know where the idea that fructose is a bad actor comes from other than some form of tribal knowledge that has acquired a life of its own. I know of no rigorous study suggesting fructose has deleterious side effects (of course, I haven't read everything). Remember that nearly everything we consume gets converted to glucose unless used directly as a building block so sugars are not inherently bad for us. The amount we consume is and HFCS can help us with that part.

Interesting that a PhD found a sugar thread that was of interest in the 'cooler:eek: :D :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
KenHigg said:
That 'God save the queen' is really cute... Is that some kind of ditty that is supposed to do a unity type thing among you old schoolers?
I take it you mean our national anthem. We are united, now I know this is tricky for you to grasp - the clue is in the title - United Kingdom.:rolleyes: comprising of 4 different countries. Unlike the "United" States which erroniously indicates all states are united, except of course for the confederate states:D oh and Hawaii

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
KenHigg said:
Do you earn a living selling that kind of stuff?
Its a bit blue isn't it? Shame there isn't a few more colours really. I thought it was Picasso who had a "blue period":confused:

Col

KenHigg

Local time
ColinEssex said:
I take it you mean our national anthem. We are united, now I know this is tricky for you to grasp - the clue is in the title - United Kingdom.:rolleyes: comprising of 4 different countries. Unlike the "United" States which erroniously indicates all states are united, except of course for the confederate states:D oh and Hawaii

Col

No, I meant the way you do 'God bless her' or something like that everytime you mention the old gal in your posts...

(Sorry to have wasted your little rant about 'the confederate states and Hawaii' - whatever that was all about...:rolleyes: )

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
KenHigg said:
No, I meant the way you do 'God bless her' or something like that everytime you mention the old gal in your posts...
Its called respect - not something you are familiar with in the US presumably.:rolleyes:

(Sorry to have wasted your little rant about 'the confederate states and Hawaii' - whatever that was all about...:rolleyes: )
I can save it for another day. I don't 'rant', unlike others here:D :rolleyes:

Col

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Bart Fishermans said:

I think it is very beautiful! I would love to see more.

Also, what medium was that done in?

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Its a bit blue isn't it? Shame there isn't a few more colours really. I thought it was Picasso who had a "blue period":confused:

Col
I like it. It's a hell of a lot better than the majority of abstract art I've seen. This one has a strong sense of depth and - even though it's all blue - has a wide variety of variation in tone. I'd rather hang this on my wall than anything by Jackson Pollack (prestige factor, aside ;) ).

ColinEssex said:
Its called respect - not something you are familiar with in the US presumably.:rolleyes:
Col
Considering you don't believe in God and pretty much think the whole concept is a scam, isn't it rather hypocritical of you to say "God bless the Queen" is a show of respect?

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
Kraj said:
Considering you don't believe in God and pretty much think the whole concept is a scam, isn't it rather hypocritical of you to say "God bless the Queen" is a show of respect?

Is kind of screwy isn't it...:rolleyes: I'm sure he'll have a come back...;)

R

Rich

KenHigg said:
... Even though Col & Rich could drive a person to drinking...

Yes but you'll have to make your own way back home, unlike the US we don't believe in drink driving:p :cool:

KenHigg

Local time
Rich said:
Yes but you'll have to make your own way back home, unlike the US we don't believe in drink driving:p :cool:

'Don't believe in drink driving'... Pretty much say's it all :p Is it happy happy hour over there already? :p :p

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
KenHigg said:
Is kind of screwy isn't it...:rolleyes: I'm sure he'll have a come back...;)
Yes, its a bit bloody sneaky adding a comment in the tail like that after you originally posted. Fair enough making the odd amendment to spelling but to add a whole comment - I expected more from you Kraj - that was sneaky:(
It wasn't there when I read the thread

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom