Just want to give thanks! (1 Viewer)

Local time
Today, 02:05
Yes, that's it.
I would like to thank everyone on this forum for giving your time away to help our members.
Two years ago, I created a job for myself developing and managing the database we use in our call center.
It was originally created in Access '97 and only recently did we upgrade the terminal servers and pc's (and subsequently, the front-end) to Access '03.
Yeah, that was fun!

Now, the backend has always been running in an Access '97 .mdb and I've always wanted to upgrade that last little piece so we could get rid of '97 once and for all. (except for my pc, for dev purposes, of course)
It has managed to handle up to 200 concurrent users without a problem for two years. The database currently holds ~500k records of different stuff.
Unfortunately, guess what I had waiting for me when I came into work this morning? Yeah, corrupted database. It didn't affect but a handful of users but all the automation and reporting came to a stop yesterday evening. Of course, I had to take the whole database offline for more than a 1/2 hour this morning.
I was able find the 4 specific records that were corrupted. I compacted and repaired the database, and exported everything in the backend to a fresh .mdb.
An Access 2003 mdb!!!

Upgrade complete!

I just have to say, without all you folks and the endless knowledge here on the forums, my a#@ would have been mincemeat.

So, THANK YOU EVERYONE. YOU'RE THE BEST!

Last edited:

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 19:05
have you split the db to a front end and back end??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom