Ken Higg hits 10,000 posts (1 Viewer)

WayneRyan

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:18
Jeepers,

Ken, I didn't realize that you had hit 10K posts.

Congratulations ... almost missed it, it that what this thread is about?

Wayne

Luddite Lad

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:18
No, there is no expiration on them.

OK the only reason I ask, was that I was looking at the UserCP and thought that some were missing. So does the User Cp only show the last 5 received?

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 14:18
Jeepers,

Ken, I didn't realize that you had hit 10K posts.

Congratulations ... almost missed it, it that what this thread is about?

Wayne

Yeah - It's been quite a drama huh :p

Thanks - :)

datAdrenaline

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:18
Ken .... congrats on the mile stone .... think of all that time thats been .... umm .... "re-prioritized" ... :D

R

Rich

Well said Stopher. Although I completely agree with Bob's view that watercooler posts should not be counted as any great feat (being a bit of a gab myself),

Good idea, what about removing the count of all those glad we could help replies when the thread's sorted, what worth to the "count" are those?:rolleyes:

M

Mike375

Good idea, what about removing the count of all those glad we could help replies when the thread's sorted, what worth to the "count" are those?:rolleyes:

Spot on. If my memory is working correctly then I think Bob Larson had a pile of them with a built in image.

What about responses to questions where the response is incorrect or less than desirable.....should they be deducted from the post count.

I would think for the people who have a vested interest in the forum a bigger issue than where posts are made would be to seek the answer as to why the vast majority of members never get past about 10 posts in total.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 11:18
Here's a suggestion.

Drop the post count entirely. Don't bother displaying it on the thread at all. (I know this is possible as this is indeed done on another vBulletin forum)

People are funny; give them some kind of numbers and it becomes gold to them. Take it away then it's just that. Numbers.

You know, I actually like that. This always means we'll have to know each other by name, not by post count, and this insulates new people from targeting old codgers for that blue special PM "HELP ME!"....

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 11:18
In fact, that was the SOP until recent upgrade which made me reconsider the SOP.

R

Rich

I took the EMail bit off the forum years ago after a poster sent me a foul mouthed one because he didn't like the reply I gave him on a forms question

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom