Keyboard messes up my computer... (1 Viewer)

Marile

Local time
Today, 03:12
My computer is one year old, its completely clean, i check that daily with several programs. It never gave me a problem til last December when I bought a new keyboard (first one was bad, letters faded), all went ok for a month. One day computer went crazy :mad: ...the scrolling up and down bar didnt work, when clicking to open different things on desktop it opened something different, the order of the letters when typing got alterated and sometimes the keyboard wasnt detected at all (had to unplug and plug keyboard back in to fix that) :eek: ... So I tried a different keyboard and the problem got fixed. :D Then i connected it to other computer to see if the keyboard was broken, but it worked perfectly there. :confused:
I would like to make that keyboard work with this computer... can someone help me, please? Should i buy a 3rd keyboard?
Thank you very much. :)

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:12
Is the new keyboard any different from the old one i.e. USB instead of PS2 ?

Marile

Local time
Hiya! Thank you for your answer... :)
Old keyboard was PS2. New one is USB, but came with an "adaptador" (sorry dont know the english word) to use it as PS2 . Thought the adaptador could be the problem, so I plug it in an USB port...but still messing things up. :(
When connected to other computer it uses the adaptador and no problem at all.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:12
Ok the fact that it was working (btw I'd advice using the USB port to connect it) and now it's not points to either:

1) An update/patch or software install has done something odd (have you done any of these before the keyboard went crazy ?)

2) The removal of a virus could have corrupted your keyboard.sys file or messed up some USB drivers, this is a bit more ticky top resolve so has this happened before you got problems ?

and BTW it's your close it's adaptor :p

Marile

Local time
Yes, first option could be right...
Computer never got a virus, so far...so no need to remove any :p
Thank you Minkey!!! "adaptor" was close...duh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom