Labour Party ...A busted Flush ? (1 Viewer)

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 14:43
well what do we think then

Corruption

Lies...oops sorry Statistics

Peerages for sale oops sorry loans

No money left to pay salaries next month ?

Is this the end.......please

Is there a way back ?.

When will Blair go.....anywhere

Do we want Brown..... Not a chance

Len

(bored)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I don't know how he got in a second time, but it is interesting to note that he did get in with fewer votres than Neil Kinnock got when he failed.

definitely don't want that scottish thief Brown in, but the other parties don't actually inspire.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Bored hey! You want to retire , Hazel is doing her Dracula act today so I'm able to relax a bit but still jave along "TO DO" list.
Why do women think that we live to work whereas men know we work to live??:confused:

Brian

Len Boorman

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Bored hey! You want to retire , Hazel is doing her Dracula act today so I'm able to relax a bit but still jave along "TO DO" list.
Why do women think that we live to work whereas men know we work to live??:confused:

Brian

Which is why I am still at work.. at least I can get bored in peace :D :D
L

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Hazel is doing her Dracula act

Oops sorry, it is the family phrase for her regular blood transfusions, it's just kinda natural to use it.:)

brian

Len Boorman

Local time
and of course while Hazel is away you are here loitering on the forum instead of doing the things on the To Do list

L

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I announced to 'er indoors last week that I was having 4 days off work (thurs,fri,mon,tues)

The "to do" list was produced within 30 minutes with enough jobs to keep an army busy for a month. I did the shed roof, did a little on the garden, went shopping etc etc, then rain stopped play so had to do the PS2 (not on list)

I have yet to
1) put up the nets in the small bedroom window
2) finish garden
3) clean pumps in pond
4) cut back overgrown trees in garden
5) fix broken dishwasher - or by a new one
6) sort toilet cystern
7) put stuff in loft
8) go to the tip with stuff
9) cut hedge for winter (leylandii). . . . . . shall I go on?:rolleyes:

Col

Len Boorman

Local time
Political Form

I posts a few bits to get a bit of Political banter going (cos sometimes it is in short supply)

First response is "On Thread" and now we are away with the fairies muttering on about "er indoors"

Ah well situation normal

L

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
I don't know how he got in a second time, but it is interesting to note that he did get in with fewer votres than Neil Kinnock got when he failed.

Is this because of fewer people voting and if so what are the causes of the lesser turnout?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Len Boorman said:
Political Form

I posts a few bits to get a bit of Political banter going (cos sometimes it is in short supply)

First response is "On Thread" and now we are away with the fairies muttering on about "er indoors"

Ah well situation normal

L
To bring this thread back to the original topic. . . . .

I think that there is not much option if Tone goes, Brown will be PM. I don't know what that means to us or the world - I hope we are less lapdoggy to the Yanks and concentrate on home issues. I feel Tone concentrates too much on the world stage and forgets why he is there.

The next election? what is a good alternative to Labour? what would we like?
for example

1) a lesser role in world affairs?
2) stop wasting money on wars?
3) spend more on NHS, police, schools and essential services?
4) re-nationalise the lousy train service?
5) spend more on roads? fix the broken roads we already have?

any clues as to who would do this? is this what we want? or is the current incumbent doing a good job? if not why not, what can he do better? what should he have done / not done?

Col

Len Boorman

Local time
How about we have somebody with a bit of backbone to
tell some people to B***** off
others (EU in Brussels) to stop interfering
Law breakers to watch out cos soft options are gone
Public Services to get their act together and stop p******* about
Len

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
dan-cat said:
Is this because of fewer people voting and if so what are the causes of the lesser turnout?

Yes fewer voting mainly conservatives following sleazy happenings, and also a split in the party regarding Europe. Whiter than white New Labour have taken the sleaze issue to new heights, or should that be depths, in modern parlance I suppose they have institutionalised it. The Liberal party has gained many votes but in our 1st past the post sytem that is not fairly reflected in the number of MPs they have.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I think Col is right about Tony chasing the world stage, he is after his place in history, the trouble is it wont make pleasant reading.

Brian

Len Boorman

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
I think Col is right about Tony chasing the world stage, he is after his place in history, the trouble is it wont make pleasant reading.

Brian

I think we should give him his place in history (Retirement) but the question has been asked, what do we replace him with ? Current options are m=not that good

Of course there is always me. Bit bored at the moment but lacking funds to buy...oops encourage support

L

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Len Boorman said:
How about we have somebody with a bit of backbone to
tell some people to B***** off

Is Mrs Thatcher still about? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom