Link Option Group to Combo Box HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

Mickster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:00
Hey all,

I am trying to link a option group to a combo box. The combo box has a list of employee names. The option group has two options Active and Inactive. All I want the user to be able to do is check the current status of an employee (as active or inactive) and to be able to change their status. I am having some troubles linking the two together.

Thanks

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:00
base your form on tblEmployees, but only put the active/inactive field(s) on the form so nothing else can be changed.

on the afterupdate of your (unbound) combo make the form go to the selected record so you can update the record directly instead of having to create an update query.

Mickster

Registered User.
Local time
wazz said:
base your form on tblEmployees, but only put the active/inactive field(s) on the form so nothing else can be changed.

on the afterupdate of your (unbound) combo make the form go to the selected record so you can update the record directly instead of having to create an update query.

Could you please be more specific on how to do this. I am new to Access and not to familiar with VB.

Thanks

Mickster

Registered User.
Local time
wazz said:

Could you please be more specific on how to do this. I am new to Access and not to familiar with VB.

Thanks

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:00
hi again, if you're still here...

in your employee table, add a field called, IsActive. make this a yes/no data type.

when you create a form, use the employee table the row source (data source) of the form. then you can update the yes/no field directly instead of adding on option group. (this assumes there are only two options).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom