Linked table issue (1 Viewer)

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Today, 17:18
He all

My company has just switched to a new server. I have gone through a DB re linking the tables to the new location of the back end. However 1 table (HICC_List) would NOT link. It kept hitting me with "cannot open or write" error. So i thought create a new link, rename and delete origal:
I created a new link (it named it Hicc_list1)
I renamed the original with Hicc_listx
I changed the new link to HICC_list
I deleted Hicc_listx.

However when trying to open HICC_list, despite showing the correct path in Table Manager, it throws up a "cannot open or write" error quoting the OLD path not the new. As you will see from the attachment New_P, the path is correctly identified as "Z:\Documents\Management\Access Databases\Hiccup_be.accdb" but when trying to open the table (attach Old_P), it errors.
An additional puzzle is that the forms and queries that use this table are working fine, although very slow. I created a test record and checked the original location BE and new location BE to see which the test record shows in and it IS the new location BE.

All the other tables have linked to "Z:\Documents\Management\Access Databases\Hiccup_be.accdb" succesfully.

Attachments

• New_P.png
    New_P.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Old_P.PNG
    Old_P.PNG
    60 KB · Views: 69

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Try deleting the link, then compact and repair, then recreate the new link once you have re-opened the database.

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Thanks Minty.:banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom