Listbox to continuous form? (1 Viewer)

accessNator

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:30
I have a listbox which contains a list of schools. I would like the user to be able to select 1 or all the records from that list box. From that list of selected records, my goal is to allow the user to use each school selected and use that as a record source for a continous form so I can allow the user to input a integer next to it, like school size.

Example:
Listbox (Schools)
ID, Name
1, Thomas School
2, Jefferson School
3, Washington School
4, Madison School
5, Franklink School

User select Thomas, Washington and Madison

In a Continuous Form it would list,
Thomas School, Text Box (Allow User to input School Size)
Washington School, Text Box (Allow User to input School Size)
Madison School, Text Box (Allow User to input School Size)

I then would save those records into a table.
I am looking for best way to accomplish this goal. Suggestions? THanks in Advance.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:30
You'd have to have the db in a trusted location or explicitly enable code to run. There would be a link along the top somewhere.

accessNator

Registered User.
Local time
You'd have to have the db in a trusted location or explicitly enable code to run. There would be a link along the top somewhere.

Gotcha. I was able to see your db work now.
THanks.

I see what you did. But still not exactly I was looking for. I wanted somehow to translate that to a list of selections in another area where I can add a corresponding input from the USER so I can save those records to a table.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:30
My assumption was that the continuous form you mentioned could have a record source of all schools, so that code would restrict it to the selected schools, allowing you to edit their data.

accessNator

Registered User.
Local time
My assumption was that the continuous form you mentioned could have a record source of all schools, so that code would restrict it to the selected schools, allowing you to edit their data.

Not exactly. In a sense, its like a shopping cart list. Maybe this example similar to what I want to accomplish may help out conceptually. I query a list of jeans. I get a list of jeans color.

I select which color of jeans I want from the list. The selected jeans would be brought to another area where I can list the quantity of jeans I want to buy. Hope this made sense.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom