Managing knowledge that is used infrequently (2 Viewers)

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 16:03
Was once asked to query a database to determine what wasn't there.

Also hada conversation about relational database design with a person who did not actually know enough to know how little he did know,

Hmmmm. Maybe because the senior manager who, was also there, knew even less that the person who knew little decided in his "wisdom" to go with the "little knowledge" cos he understood that was why I did not get the job. Think that was fortunate in the long rumn

L

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:03
For our friends on the East of the Atlantic pond, Yogi Berra was the manager of the USA Baseball team, the New York Mets, and was also a catcher with the New York Yankees (another USA Baseball team) in the 1960s and a little bit into the 1970's. Very colorful character, noted for fracturing the English language with blithe abandon.

Peut etre, mon brave, mais tristement, la memoire c'est la premiere faculte a partir. Je ne connais pas.

I always thought memory was the SECOND thing to go.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
I did a bit of invoice data entry today folks. I was going to ask them: How do you query a previous invoice from (ABC) company?, but that sounded like a bit too much at the time. :rolleyes:

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
so why did they name yogi berra after the famous inhabitant of jellystone park - lack of imagination there from Mr & Mrs Berra

incidentally one of my favourite films is about baseball - the natural (redford). really got into a couple of years ago when the diamondbacks won the owrld series - why do US call themselves world champs when only they play the sports - .... i know, the world series was a newspaper thing

and another is breaking away, which you cant get in the UK at the moment - but thats about cycling

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
I assume we're "FRENCHizing" this thread? Can I have a piece of the pie? I need a bit of extra cash flow... :)

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 17:03
Sure Adam,
some fresh guilders will be in your inbox soon :cool:

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Yogi Berra? You couldn't make it up. :)

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
I assume we're "FRENCHizing" this thread? Can I have a piece of the pie? I need a bit of extra cash flow... :)

5 years of French at school and I can still mangle the language. but BabelFish beats me any time -for example

"prevu si vous ne pouvez pas nuire propriété intellectuelle avec ca au quelqu'un"

translates as
"prevu if you cannot harm intellectual property with Ca to the somebody"

Or maybe Ron's French is as bad as mine!

I always thought memory was the SECOND thing to go.

Dunno - can’t remember….

Was once asked to query a database to determine what wasn't there.

The requester’s brain?

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 17:03
BabelFish

Don't trust these bl**dy translators, they're terrible and unreliable.

"prevu si vous ne pouvez pas nuire propriété intellectuelle avec ca au quelqu'un"

Or maybe Ron's French is as bad as mine!

Guess it is, but what I meant to say is :

provided you won't ruin anyone's intellectual property with that ( the instrument that is)
Again, don't rely on the translators. :(

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Don't trust these bl**dy translators, they're terrible and unreliable.

Yeah but they're great fun :D

provided you won't ruin anyone's intellectual property with that ( the instrument that is)

The only properties I've ruined with my instrument/s are my hearing and my audience's love of music. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom