Mde Error!!! Any Other Way To Secure Db Objects? (1 Viewer)

popeye

Work smarter, not harder.
Local time
Today, 00:00
Im unable to create an MDE file, access keeps trying and then saying that its unable to create MDE.//// Is there any other way that I can secure both my codes, forms, modules and macros from being imported into another database since I cant create the MDE file?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The most common reason an MDE can't be created is code that won't compile. Go into the VBA editor and see if the code compiles.

popeye

Work smarter, not harder.
Local time
1. yes im using 2003 but i also tried the same project in a 200 file format and it wouldnt compile...

The program runs but the reason access gave has to do witht he creation of Table ID's if i remember correctly, saying basically the larger the project is then the more Id's that would need to be created....

Is there an alternative to creating the MDE?

humph

Registered User.
Local time
I had this problem and ran the debug - it found 2 errors in the macros. once found it converted to an MDE file no problem. assume that you have split the database prior to running the MDE.

humph

Registered User.
Local time
Make mde file

I had this problem and ran the debug - it found 2 errors in the macros. once found it converted to an MDE file no problem. assume that you have split the database prior to running the MDE

pa3329

Registered User.
Local time
pbaldy said:
The most common reason an MDE can't be created is code that won't compile. Go into the VBA editor and see if the code compiles.
I was having a problem creating an MDE file for my database. I was going to post a question about it but I searched (like a good poster does) and found this thread. I followed your tip and it worked wonders, Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom