Memory Message (1 Viewer)

myrock

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:03
I added a control button on a form in Access97 to printout the current record that is being displayed. When I click the button, the record does print, however I then receive the message " There isn't enough free memory to update the display. Close unneeded programs and try again." I don't understand because all other programs are closed and I have 64meg of mem. Also, this form works in a different database, I exported it to this database and it doesn't work here. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Tom

wizcow

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:03
Tom

This probably a long shot, but did you compact your database?

You can do so by selecting 'compact and repair database...' from the 'database utilities' in the 'tools' menu.

For some reason I have had luck doing a shut down on the computer. (Not restart,Shut Down and manually start again)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:03
I think I saw a reference to this in the Microsoft Knowledge base. The problem may be caused by embedded bitmaps used as backgrounds for forms. The solution was to change them to linked. Probably then close and compact the db.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 12:03
And if you aren't using any bitmaps, then check your hard drive's swap file. I ran into the same error messages when I got down to only 80Mb of hard drive space (on someone else's computer) and I was using a large >100Mb database.

BL

myrock

Registered User.
Local time
I have tried the compact & repair to no effect, rebooting and closing all other aps to no effect and there is not an embedded background. I also increased my swap file from 267meg to 500 meg without effect.

Interestingly, if I OPEN it (not convert) in Access2000, it works fine. Unfortunately, the user can not be upgraded to Access2000.

Any other ideas on this one, it's driving me nuts. Thanks for your help.

Tom

pcs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:03
another long shot...

delete any .tmp files on the pc in question and run scandisk...

hth
al

myrock

Registered User.
Local time
In case anyone else runs into this problem, I have resolved it. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and found a similiar problem. I applied patches SR-1 & SR-2 as recommended to the base Access97 application and the problem was rectified.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom