Merging columns (1 Viewer)

williebear

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:51
Hi I have search the forums for an answer to this..i have 4 fields address 1, 2,3,4 and i would just like to all all the information to one field call address..how can i merge the information..please bear in mind i am useless at access..i thought there might be a way of copying the columns and just having a merge function to do so ..but cant find anything...please help..Williebear:(

williebear

Registered User.
Local time
Sorted I copied the columns into excel and then merged them ..Williebear

bugman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:51
Next time build a query with the table that has the addresses in it and use the following: Address: [Field1] & " " & [Field2] & " " & [Field3]

B

BGUK

My preferred method for merging fields is to insert a new field , in this case a text field called Address, then run an update query:

Update tablename set Address = [Address1] & " " & [Address2] & " " etc.

littlegod

Registered User.
Local time
Hello everybody,
I'm also very new to access and database building, still doing masses of tutorials, but the answers on this thread reminded me of a question that i couldn't find the answer to as of yet.
If i wanted to merge all the address fields either in a query or table or report, how could i exclude lines that might be empty. Let's say i wanted to print address labels,but some addresses have 5 lines, some only 4, some 6, is there any way that the whole result could be continuous lines, rather than empty ones here and there.

sorry if that's a basic question....

cheers,
dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom