Methods for navigation in a report (1 Viewer)

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:05
I would (please) like to know if anyone is aware of any methods for moving between records or pages in a report that is in Print Preview mode. I need it for my custom ribbon. Something equivalent to 'Docmd.GoToRecord ,,acNext....'. There doesn't seem to be record navigation methods for the reports collection.

I tried cloning the recordset and using bookmarks but figured out it only applied to ADPs. I'm using Access 2007.

Many thanks

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I would (please) like to know if anyone is aware of any methods for moving between records or pages in a report that is in Print Preview mode. I need it for my custom ribbon. Something equivalent to 'Docmd.GoToRecord ,,acNext....'. There doesn't seem to be record navigation methods for the reports collection.

I tried cloning the recordset and using bookmarks but figured out it only applied to ADPs. I'm using Access 2007.

Many thanks

no ideas from anyone yet? it's a toughy isn't it. i don't want to use API's to call the built-in navigation buttons. still hoping for a bright spark to lead me in the right direction :)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I think A2007 added some interactive report features

but before that - its a report - you just print it, or scroll through it manually - you can probably search it, and definitely export it - but its not really interactive as such.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
do you have any ideas where to get these resources from? is there a way of calling the move First, Previous, Next and Last of the built-in navigation controls on a report?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Just thought I should write a quick reminder for anyone with any ideas re the subject. Would be much appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom