Naming Conventions (possible sticky) (1 Viewer)

Moniker

VBA Pro
Local time
Today, 00:51
Not only do a lot of people not format code (nothing a copy/paste dump of 300 lines with no spacing), they use control names like textbox1, combo47, and form12. It drives me bonkers. This is in part from Expert One-on-One Microsoft Access Application Development. Please read it and understand it. (The book isn't bad either.) Reagrdless of whether or not you agree with it, the point here is that you use some sort of naming convention, even if it's not this one as variants exist. Without it, maintaining your code is exponentially harder, and asking for help in here without some sort of standard convention is far less likely to get a response.

That is all. :)

Leszynski Naming Conventions

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Yesterday, 22:51
do you feel better for getting that off your chest..(lol)
I must admit i am guiltly of some of this - relying on knowing what field x is on the form and not naming to a more logical naming

must try harder!!

gary

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:51
Whilst I agree with naming conventions, I also agree with GaryPanic, logical naming conventions within objects is equally useful. I prefer to be descriptive when it comes to controls and fields.

Simon

ed_the_unlucky

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:51
you know, i haven't really studied access formally, nor am i a developer, so i'm finding this very helpful, actually. thank you. :>

ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom