.Name = "Button" & i
.Visible = true
End With
next
.MoveNext
Loop
End If
End With

I have a form with a Tabstrip object, an unbound subform object and a series of buttons. Based on the TAB selected in the tabstrip, a particular set of data is displayed in the subform area and the buttons take on certain values and attributes. It's all working great when I code it directly, but I am trying to clean up the code and streamline the process. I have placed all the button data into a table which I filter down to get the necessary records. I then want to loop through all the records (hence the first WITH and DO-LOOP) and then loop through all the buttons, setting the various attributes and values (hence the need for the 2nd WITH and the FOR-NEXT loop), but I am not sure if the WITH can be nested like this. How will ACCESS know which WITH it is working with (trying saying that 10 times real fast!)

I haven't actually tried it yet. The specific code is more complicated than what is shown and I didn't want to get into it unless it has a chance of working.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

chenn

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:45
You can nest withs, however only the most current with is referenced when the code incounters a '.' (dot). Such as:

With rstRecordset
Do until .EOF 'references the recordset object
with objExcel
.Range("A1").select 'references the excel object
.MoveNext 'fails because excel doesn't have a move next command

end with
loop
end with

mredmond

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:45
That makes sense. I'm going to try it and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom