Not prompted for password when relinking - 'Not a valid password message' (1 Viewer)

chris01252

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:33
I have recently split my database and added a password to the back end. I am now trying to re-link the tables as I have seen in other threads, but when I do this I am not prompted for the password I just get the message 'Not a valid password'

I must obviously be doing something wrong, can anyone help?

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Yesterday, 19:33
I could be wrong but I thought if you split the database using the Access Database Splitter the tables should be already linked. Did you set a pass or your security file correctly...you should be able to change your pass via the security file.

chris01252

Registered User.
Local time
because I only want the back end to be password protected I am pretty sure the only way to do this is password it after splitting then the tables need to be re-connected. This will allow users to enter information via forms etc but not be able to open any tables directly.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
When you password protect a backend, you are just password protecting that file, not the linked tables within the front-end. If a user can get to the tables in the front-end then they can open the tables. They can't make design changes to them, but they can open them and look and make changes to the data within them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom