one form, multiple queries (1 Viewer)

Loz

Local time
Today, 08:38
I have a database that requires one form that can be driven from serveral different queries, is there any way of creating a form that can be used by several queries.

depending on certain actions my users need to open a form but with a different query driving the data.

The present solution is one form to one query, help, any ideas ??

Bru

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:38
The difficulty in supplying info to tables via more than one query is that the records will appear several times, once for every related record in the other query/table. If you want to incorportate several queries as look up references then do it in the underlying table or as unbound controls on the form. Then insert subforms in the body of your main form related to the values in the unbound controls you selected from.

One solution you may want to think about...
I found that the underlying scheme when I was incorporating several queries was that I was resolving many to many relationships. Make a table that holds a value from the primary key field from each of the related tables, then index thier presence togeather as the primary key for that record.

If the choices of lookup lists you may use should depend on the value of other fields, the help resource lays out the procedure quite well.

Hope this helps
Bru

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom