Solved Open Form and Apply Filter to Subform (1 Viewer)

MattBaldry

Self Taught, Learn from the Forums
Local time
Today, 14:04
Hi all,

I have been looking and trying and cannot find the right syntax to open a form and apply a filter to the subform.

Main form is frmProductionManagement, subform is sfrmProductionManagement is in Continuous Form view.

If I set the filter in the subform in design mode to [Outstanding] > 0, it works. The issue I have is I want to open it in 2 ways from my ribbon, one with [Outstanding] > 0 and the other with [Outstanding] = 0

Code:
DoCmd.OpenForm "frmProductionManagement",acNormal, , [Forms]![frmProductionManagement]![sfrmProductionManagement]![Outstanding] > 0

This is the error I get, I just cannot get my head around where I have gone wrong.

1713364844811.png

Do I need to open the form and then apply filter as a separate step onto the subform?

Hopefully someone can slap my brain and point out the basic mistake I have made.

~Matt

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:04
You might try using the OpenArgs argument and the Open event of the main form to filter the subform.

MattBaldry

Self Taught, Learn from the Forums
Local time
Today, 14:04
You might try using the OpenArgs argument and the Open event of the main form to filter the subform.
I actually just solved this myself thanks to an old post from IslaDogs. I used the below.

Code:
DoCmd.OpenForm "frmProductionManagement"
    [Forms]![frmProductionManagement]![sfrmProductionManagement].Form.Filter = "[Outstanding] > 0"
    [Forms]![frmProductionManagement]![sfrmProductionManagement].Form.FilterOn = True

I shall mark as solved :)

~Matt

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:04
I actually just solved this myself thanks to an old post from IslaDogs. I used the below.

Code:
DoCmd.OpenForm "frmProductionManagement"
    [Forms]![frmProductionManagement]![sfrmProductionManagement].Form.Filter = "[Outstanding] > 0"
    [Forms]![frmProductionManagement]![sfrmProductionManagement].Form.FilterOn = True

I shall mark as solved :)

~Matt
Good work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom