Oracle ODBC Import (1 Viewer)

lala

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:13
hi, i get the attached error message when i try to import an oracle table using VBA.

in some database i'm able to go ahead if i compact and repair but in this current one - nothing helps. which table can't it find?

can anyone help? i can upload my db but you guys don't have access to our oracle db so it's no use

thank you

Code:
If fExistTable("ProvDet") Then
DoCmd.DeleteObject acTable, "ProvDet"
End If

DoCmd.TransferDatabase acImport, "ODBC Database", "ODBC;DRIVER={Oracle in Oracle1};SERVER=fff.fff.com;UID=username;PWD=password;DBQ=fff.fff.com;", acTable, "NR_PHCSCRED_ProvDet", "ProvDet", False, True

Attachments

• 6-28-2013 2-44-26 PM.png
    6-28-2013 2-44-26 PM.png
    44 KB · Views: 112

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Have you told your Oracle dba? He/she could check to see if that table exists in Oracle.
Your code shows username and password --- Have you supplied the proper values that allow you to sign on to Oracle?

lala

Registered User.
Local time
Have you told your Oracle dba? He/she could check to see if that table exists in Oracle.
Your code shows username and password --- Have you supplied the proper values that allow you to sign on to Oracle?

the table does exist, i'm the one that created it and i'm able to query it in Oracle. i'm also able to import it by hand. i just get this problem when i use VBA to import.

i know there are other ways i can get orale data into access, it's just that importing is the fastest.

any ideas?

and thank you for trying))))

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Did you check that you really did supply the proper username/password?

When I used Access with Oracle, I often just linked to the Oracle tables --

lala

Registered User.
Local time
I did check, besides this was copied over from other dbs that work. It's a glitch of some sort, if the password was the problem it'd give me some kind of an access denied error.

Instead it tells me that it can't find the table I want to import to. It's not supposed to be able to find it, import should create it.

I know about linking and pass thru queries but the fastest way to get data into access from oracle is importing and with huge tables it makes a big difference in time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom