Please support these forums (1 Viewer)

TIDMAN

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:53
Link added with pleasure

Just a quick but very large thank you to all the fantastick members of this board, help is allways at hand and adding those links to my site was nothing but a pleasure.

http://www.hamilton-pc-services.com/links.htm

Thank you all again.

TIDMAN..... :D

mtairhead

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:53
Link

I'll be happy to post a link on my site, as soon as I have it all together. The domain I've purchased is: www.betathought.com but the actual site won't go up until around December.

I do wonder, though: When I click on "Support The Access World Forums...DVDs, Games, Etc", why does this thread appear? I would imagine that a great way for patrons to support these forums would be to visit this site and click on your "books" link before buying anything. No additional cost to us at amazon.com, but a commission for you!

HotFrost

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:53
Great Forum..Why not?

Hi,

Just placed your link on my site. Thank you for supporting this forum..One of the best there is..

thx.

piet123

piet
Local time
Today, 11:53
thank you !!

In a short time I have learned so much from all of you.
These forums are Great !!

Don't have homepage yet, but will for sure put all your requested links on it.

Thanks again for a great service.
Like the young people say: You guys Rock !

Regards,
Piet

kabir_hussein

Registered User.
Local time
Just like to say like the previous post, i have been doing a year long work placement on creating a database for my employees and i would of not of completed my placement had it not been for everyone here.

Dont like to be cheesy but this forum is brilliant and i will try my best to keep all links you guys all need puting up etc.

MrTibbs

Registered User.
Local time
Link posted .. but you already google #1

http://www.tibbenham.ukfsn.org/links.html

Links to both helpcentre and recovery posted as requested. Having been mentioned on the Langa List (www.langa.com) my site, above, ranks #1 if you google for Tibbenham (as at 2004-Sep-14) .. fame at last :D

If you google on google.co.uk your sites already rank #1 and #2 for 'access database repair' .. congratulations.
:)

Snak

Registered User.
Local time
I'd love to.

My work is generally for the university or the hospital and so it's difficult for me to put links like this up. However I do have a small personal bit of web area that, to be totally honest, I just use to put links up because (being a university) it gets spidered several times a day and that helps rankings.

So I'm happy to put your link and logo on there and, when my latest project is up and running, I'll be more than happy to link from there, too.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~mkzjas/

Snak

BLeslie88

B Leslie
Local time
I have...

Used these forums alot and they have helped me with various problems and where I could not find a direct answer, I found alternate solutions. The code for functions / procedures / modules for vba have prooved to have great depth and vast amounts of code and for this I am eternally gratefull. ;)

I will get this link on any sites I get the chance to.

We have our own site, it is Flash based so no text hits help much, I will talk to my web bud to see what we can do.

The knowledge base on this website is 500% better then access help files, and the activity on these forums and quick replies is awsome.

Have you thought about accepting donations from users...? Perhaps by offering excellent 'modules and/or functions' as a kind of bonus for making a donation...

Or have premier members paying for membership and in return having a special forum where they would get prompt replies from the elite son this site regardless of weather it is a 'right' answer or guide to another direction for those like me that come on from work and need fast answers..?

I would pay.... you should do a poll...

Thecherub

Man with a Mission
Local time
Defeats the purpose of the forums

Have you thought about accepting donations from users...? Perhaps by offering excellent 'modules and/or functions' as a kind of bonus for making a donation... Or have premier members paying for membership and in return having a special forum where they would get prompt replies from the elite son this site regardless of weather it is a 'right' answer or guide to another direction for those like me that come on from work and need fast answers..? I would pay.... you should do a poll...[/QUOTE said:
This would defeat the pourpose of the forums being an open exchange to benefit all. I used these forums to good effect in my previous job and found them helpfull and in return I provide what limited help I can to others this is the point and should remain the point. :cool: ;)

just my 2 cents

BLeslie88

B Leslie
Local time
good points...

I was just reading between the lines on this site having costs. and he footing all the bill and was just trying to offer creative ways to perhaps generate some revenue to help with the overhead.

You think I want to pay since it's free... and you are right, sharing a knowledge base is the whole main attractiveness of this.

I was simply stating some have greater means then others and perhaps they would be willing to throw into the pot...

You could even do a lottery donation or something, where winners would get cash prizes, and the site would retain 10-20% of what is collected and having a program e-mail ticket numbers and after a period of time, on monthly draws and post the numbers...

Again just ideas.. No need to chew my head off... :p

I am sure my little point of view won't change the minds of these guys that have been running this site so well on there own for years and years.

Thanks again for all this site has provided.

Thecherub

Man with a Mission
Local time
BLeslie88 said:
Again just ideas.. No need to chew my head off... :p

Didn't mean to rant of chew off any heads I really don't bite...well not until i know you better :D :)

antonyx

Arsenal Supporter
Local time
this site rocks!

i to, one of many, would like to thank the following
the internet
the computer
the monitor
my eyes
your website
the communication system you have facilitated

as long people can chat to each other, no problem shall be to much.
hail the forum and the access-programmers

oddjob78

Site Adm1n
Local time
Don't have a website meself but i'll get me lil brother to do it. Hooray now im part of the crowd

snakeyes2002

Registered User.
Local time
i'll help whenever i can

first thing, great forum - massive archive of data!
just joined today after visting several times, doN a search, finding an answer and *&^%ing off

now that i have joined, the benefits are clear - another user replied with 30mins of first post -and although i am still looking for a solution (quite a complex thing i have going) - have provided a wee bit o help for other users

- as stated elsewhere in this thread - you already hit #2 google(do you reallly?) so i'll do something a bit different - everytime I want to buy something from Amazon - i'll come here first - use your link (after browsing your forum !)
(I shop a LOT!)

will that help?

snakeyes2002

Registered User.
Local time
maybe more

work with a large company (Alfred McAlpine PLC) 4500 employees - i'll ask - no guarantees - for your link on the IT page. may be helpful

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes, both incoming links, buying stuff through Amazon from the link on these forums and donations via PayPal are all welcome! :)

We hope you continue to find this site useful.

J

jgsteeler

My site is being built, but I have already had your link added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom