Printer - whats a good one (1 Viewer)

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 05:34
Guys - sorry for the mundane issue on this

do you have any preferences as to printers - what it is, is I am looking at getting a new printer (for work) and I need 2 poss 3 trays and dupllex function (networkable)_:confused:

what would you recommend ??

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Today, 08:34
we have a canon mf8170 here. its nice. noisy and if it breaks it costs an arm and a leg. (im expected to know how to fix it) :confused:

Doubles as a fax machine and scanner/copier too. not sure if u want a combo like that or not.

GaryPanic

Local time
Yeah might do.. currently I have a HP Laserjet 4345mfp- which is ok - but a bit pricey

I was gonna split the scanner out but unless other options come accross might be stuck with what i have .

rainman89

Local time
Yeah might do.. currently I have a HP Laserjet 4345mfp- which is ok - but a bit pricey

I was gonna split the scanner out but unless other options come accross might be stuck with what i have .

our B/W printer is a hp laserjet 4. good reliable printer. easy to fix and not too expensive on toner and stuff.. fast too.

GaryPanic

Local time
i love the old hp laser jet 4 - but isn't it a single tray printer no dupliex

other than that i would plump for this - used them at my old place, and the ones we had left - I refused to replace - my account worshiped these simple to work - and built to well - ahhh those were the days stuff built to last ...
one of these printers was a good 8 or 9 years old and still going strong

bought another HP - and blow it in 18 months - so not overly keen on HP's over priced over complicated (other than hp laserjet 4)

rainman89

Local time
i love the old hp laser jet 4 - but isn't it a single tray printer no dupliex

other than that i would plump for this - used them at my old place, and the ones we had left - I refused to replace - my account worshiped these simple to work - and built to well - ahhh those were the days stuff built to last ...
one of these printers was a good 8 or 9 years old and still going strong

bought another HP - and blow it in 18 months - so not overly keen on HP's over priced over complicated (other than hp laserjet 4)

yea it is single trayed....

but it has the manual feed option to it.....

GaryPanic

Local time
need something bigger multi tray /duplex all of my reports are goona be 2 sided , and I need the ability to have different paper in each tray -

HP laserjet 4 in my option was the best printer by far - didn't take up a lot of space, reliable and easy to maintain

g

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 13:34
I have not had any problems with a Samsung CLp-510 colour laser printer. Can print duplex. Worth looking at the Samsung range because they seem to be reliable.

GaryPanic

Local time
will do - and thanks for chipping in on this

g

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
I have not had any problems with a Samsung CLp-510 colour laser printer. Can print duplex. Worth looking at the Samsung range because they seem to be reliable.

Having said that in good faith I must now revise my opinion. This weekend the printer died. It was blowing the fuse in the power plug that goes into the wall socket. Minimum Call out fee was £220 so I have now ordered a replacement printer. Seems a sad comment on our times that it is not worth repairing kit that breaks down

GaryPanic

Local time
how much useage - if your doing 20,000 prints a month and its lasted 2 years ...

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
The printer is only used for a very small business uses so I would guess about 2000 prints a month max. My real complaint is that it costs so much to decide if the printer is repairable so it goes to the tip regardless of the fault. It might have been easy to fix the fault but since the minimum charge is almost as much as a replacement printer it was not worth trying.

jaytheguru

Registered User.
Local time
Guys - sorry for the mundane issue on this

do you have any preferences as to printers - what it is, is I am looking at getting a new printer (for work) and I need 2 poss 3 trays and dupllex function (networkable)_:confused:

what would you recommend ??

There are number of them which you might consider but first few questions.

1: Do you need it for colour printing or bw?
2: Laser or InkJet? (depends how much printing you do)
3: what sort of budget you have in mind for it?
4: Do you need fax with it or not?
5: Do you want a (MFP - Multi function Printer) or just simple printer?

One of the best MFP I have seen is Xerox MFP 6115D, Canon 4140, Brother MFP 8065. These are just examples but it really depends what really is your need.

Please provide more info and I'll try to help ya.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom