Problem after upgradation to MS Access 2007 (1 Viewer)

anniechellah

Local time
Today, 18:24
Let me explain my scenario.

A report has to be generated after the user enters the parameter for the where clause.

Problem: User is prompted for the input, user enters the value. Again it prompts, user enters the value. Again it prompts, user enters the value. Now it generates the report and shows that in another window.

This is the code we've used.

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview

This problem is occuring after the upgradation to MS Access 2007

gem1204

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:54
I'd be supprised if this is the only problem you run across when upsizing to MS Access 2007. I have upsized several databases and have always run across problems. A lot of times the VBA project get corrupted for no apparent reason.

If it worked in an earlier version then it supposedly should work in MS access 2007. If you don't have parameters definded in the query or sql statement behind the report then I would try that first.

If it still doesn't work I would go back to the origional database and make sure I would delete anything that I don't need. In most databases you end up creating a lot of adhoc junk that you really don't need. Compile the origional database if you haven't done so already to make sure there are no errors in you code before converting.

Another option is just to create a new database and just import the objects from the MS Access 2003 database into the new MS Access 2007 database. Rather than just importing everything in one whack, try importing a few objects at a time and if there are no errors and everything seems to work then repeat the process until you have all the objects imported.

The bottom line is that MS Access 2007 stinks and all kinds of wierd things happen. The problem may appear to be with your report, but if there is something screwed up with you code or a problem with another object, then unexplainable things will happen. Also check your references in my vba project and make sure all of them are valid. I avoid using Access 2007 whenever possible. You won't find to many businesses that have converted their databases to MS Access 2007 especially if they had a complex databases that had a lot of objects, data and code. Good luck with you project.

GEM

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
The bottom line is that MS Access 2007 stinks
That is a load of bull@%#&

It is a great version but with change comes some pain. It has happened in other versions of Access too, but perhaps you don't remember so much like going from 2.0 to 97 or 97 to 2003. It just happens that there has been a lot of change happening in this version, like it or not, and when you upgrade from one version to the next it can be painful.

So, to say it stinks is, in my opinion, just a matter of a lack of being able to handle change.

SOS
Access Developer
Versions 2.0, 95, 97, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007

gem1204

Registered User.
Local time
I guess everone it entitled to his own opinion and I'm entitled to mine. Where I'm from SOS stands for S*it on a shingle, what does SOS stand for in your case? Instead of hurling insults why don't you try to answer the question genuis " .... I know what SOS stands for in you case - "stupid or something". I expressed an opnion and tried to offer a possible solution. All you did is hurl an insult. I guess that's why you are stupid or something....

....give it try and answer the question stupid

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom