Problem with form labels after computer upgrade (1 Viewer)

aahmn

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:53
We just had to upgrade our computers to Windows 7. I was working in XP on Access 2007. I am now on Windows 7 and using Access 2010.
I used macros a lot when creating these. I know that's not the preferred way to do it, but I was trying to teach myself.

I have list forms with "Open" buttons that open pop-up forms with details. For the most part, these pop-ups have subforms. I have found that when I click "open," the background and labels for the main pop-up form (but not the sub-fom) are missing. I can make them appear by minimizing or maximizing the pop-up or database. If I look at my "On Click" event for the "Open" button, I see that this only occurs on the pop-ups that I open in Window Mode Normal. If I switch that to Dialog, I can see everything again. The problem with the Dialog mode is that I lose my Min/Max buttons.

This is happening on multiple databases I've created. Is anyone familiar with this issue and whether there's an easy fix without re-creating my forms? I would like to maintain min/max capability.

I'm linking a document to try to explain
I thought I was, but I don't have the post count to do so. I will try tomorrow.

aahmn

Registered User.
Local time
I changed my file to an image and compressed it so I could upload it. Sorry for the poor image quality.

Attachments

• Pages from AccessFormLabelsSMall.jpg
    Pages from AccessFormLabelsSMall.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 100

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 04:53
This is happening on multiple databases I've created. Is anyone familiar with this issue and whether there's an easy fix without re-creating my forms? I would like to maintain min/max capability.
Never seen that before, what if you open the form through the navigation window, is it then open normal?
I've both XP and Windows 8, (and also an old Windows 98), and databases created in different version of MS-Access.
Do you have some small sample database with the abnormally behaviour you could post, zip it, (+ info how to get the result you have)?

aahmn

Registered User.
Local time
Through the navigation window it opens fine. ? I don't know if there's something in my OnClick event to open the form that isn't translating correctly to Access 2010. I have 5 databases, and it's happening on multiple forms.

I've attached the empty simpler database of the bunch. Just click 'open' to open the details form and it should have the background missing if you're using Access 2010. Any resizing, even just grabbing the corner and adjusting it slightly, will correct it. If it opens fine for you, I don't know what's going on.

Attachments

• FundingOpps_Empty.zip
    338.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 04:53
It opens fine by me! :)
Can't you try to open it on another computer to see if it differs?
What if you use an Event Procedure instead of a macro?

Code:
  DoCmd.OpenForm "GrantDetailsCurrent", acNormal, "", "", , acNormal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom