Question on using the current date in IIF (1 Viewer)

hammerva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:32
Hello again. I am trying to create a query and here is what I have currently:

SELECT Count(*) AS Count_Action_Items, Sum(IIf(Actual_Completion_Date<=Target_Completion_Date And Actual_Completion_Date >#1/1/2000#,1,0)) AS Sum_On_Time,
Sum(IIf(Target_Completion_Date < Date(Now,"mm/dd/yy") Or Actual_Completion_Date>Target_Completion_Date,1,0)) AS Sum_Late, Find_Days_Late() AS Average_Days_Late
FROM [Special Requests]
WHERE ((([Special Requests].Date_Requested) Between [Forms]![Presage Search]![Start_Date] And [Forms]![Presage Search]![End Date]))
GROUP BY Find_Days_Late();

I bolded the part of this query that is giving me a headache. I want to check if the Target Completion Date is less than the current date. I thought the Date(Now) would work here but I am getting an error message saying 'Wrong number of arguments used with function in query expression "Sum(IIf(Target_Completion_Date < Date(Now,"mm/dd/yy") Or Actual_Completion_Date>Target_Completion_Date,1,0)) AS Sum_Late".

Anybody have an idea what I am doing wrong here. Or maybe a better way to use the current date in an IIF statement

dcx693

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:32
I didn't really look at the rest of the query, but this expression:
Date(Now,"mm/dd/yy")
is definitely not right. The Date function (sometimes shown with () after it - as in Date() ) does not take parameters. The Now function works the same way. The Date() function returns the current system date. The Now() function returns the system date and time.

hammerva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:32
That is true. Almost every time I use a Date() statement I am putting the result in a field. This time I have no field

So is there a way to use the current date in a where check? I tried using CURRENT DATE which I saw in my DB2 book but got a syntax error near the field.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 08:32
IIf(Target_Completion_Date < Date(Now,"mm/dd/yy") Or Actual_Completion_Date>Target_Completion_Date,1,0))

Should be
Code:
IIf(Target_Completion_Date < Date() Or Actual_Completion_Date>Target_Completion_Date,1,0))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom