Remove box around items in report (1 Viewer)

HoustonOil

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:52
How do I remove the boxes around information in my report.
Example:
One Item I have it the "Product Id" which is not in a box, but the information linked to it "Actual Product Id" is in a box.

Does this make sense?

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Yesterday, 22:52
no sense
look at the properties of your report txtfield
and look at borders

HoustonOil

Registered User.
Local time
GaryPanic said:
no sense
look at the properties of your report txtfield
and look at borders

Even though my question made no sense, you answered it. Thank you

GaryPanic

Local time
I tried to anticpant what you were talking about - then simplify it - and have a guess - its quite hard when some of the terms have techie names - boxes = borders

I had the same problem, but I wanted boxes ...had to think look at the terminology and bingo - borders

If you are going to do a lot in access - recommedn that you get a decent book - I have found the Bibles book invaluable - but need to read it a couple of times , this is aimed at mid level access user to what i would call power users - programmers would probably use something else probably a cook book
g

HoustonOil

Registered User.
Local time
I bought the Access for Dummies book, but it is not as descriptive at step by step processes as I thought it would be.
Thanks for the help though

GaryPanic

Local time
Go into a shop an pick up access bible sit down and read it for 20 mins - thats what I did - I spent best part of 1 hour looking at the right book

come up with some problems - then go look at the books and see which one comes up with the answer and which is ease read and understand

the Dummy book - its godd as far as it goes - ie here a table - here a form they talk to each other , but as a learning tool - probably not the best in the world - good for users not for developers/power users- programers would end up burning it - as the name implies if you know nothing about access-VB then read it and digest the relevenant pieces -

I found the bible to be helpful - you do need to find the version of access you are working on - I am using Access 2000 - the bible book is not avaiable in most book shops so I went for Access 2003 bible cos there kinda similar

I could of search ebay - but i do intend to upgrade so thought it best to get a new-ish book

I would recommend that if you do buy this - read the book all the way through before you start, then when you need a point of reference, it will be somewhere there, I have spent ages looking throughth e book -cause I knew what i want had been described nad relearnt a couple of things along the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom