Removing a faint line below a Forms details section (1 Viewer)

ekayp

Local time
Today, 11:17
Hi, Can anyone please suggest how I can remove a faint horizontal line from appearing just below the details bar in my main form?

I am certain that I do not have a line control in the application and it can't be my laptop as its new. Have tried moving all the controls away and near to the details section, but still no luck!

I'm using Access 2007 on Windows 7 on laptop and Access 2007 on XP on my work desktop. Both machines have the same problems.
Thanks,
ekayp

Never Hide

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:17
It's not a poblem, just the fomating of the Form.
Select the form and go to the property sheet,in the Format tab and look for "Dividing Lines" and select "No". I don't have Access 2007 right now so the name of the popety might not be exactly this one, if it isn't have a look around the Format tab to find something similar

ekayp

Local time
Thanks for this. I've looked at all the properties on the Form including the dividing lines one and must confess that this is still a problem. My main form has a 2 page tab control below the details section and a lable with the form title just above it. They don't appear to be touching the details section. Its not a major problem but it would be great to get rid of something that looks very odd. Cheers, ekayp

tinyevil777

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:17
Does your tab control have a border? if so, set it to transparent. Set all other borders to transparent too.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:17
If the Dividing Lines Property of the Form is set to No, my next guess would be that you have the Special Effect Property of a Section, probably the Detail Section (but check all of the Sections) set to Raised or Sunken. 'Raised' produces what could very well be described as a 'faint' horizontal line in the area you describe. 'Sunken' produces a somewhat less 'faint' line, but a line that's not heavy, in the same area. To check, in Form Design View,
  • Select the Detail Section by clicking on its bar
  • Go to Properties
  • Go to Format
  • Set the Special Effect Property to 'Flat'
Did that fix it?

Linq ;0)>

ekayp

Local time
Thanks for the suggestions/help everyone.

I've tried the tab border to transparent and it works to a degree where I now have slight white dashes in the top corners still. The special effects property was already set to Flat interestingly and I tried with setting these to sunken and raised too.

I have 16 other odd forms in my DB and not all have a mulitpage tab control in them. Strange that in one of of those forms I also have a similar problem: white line about 3/4 the lenghth of my combo box appearing above it near the details section (which has property set to flat). Not sure if the form colours have anything to do with this which is Borders and gridlines ( blue ). Willing to consider any other suggestions.
Thanks,

ekayp

ekayp

Local time
Dear Tinyvill777/Linq,
Please find attached a sample. I've removed the project logos at the top of details and bottom of footers but have left the remaining controls as they are.

I've tried to change the special effect properties to raised and flat and hopefully you will still see the ghost like lines or dashes as I mentioned.

See what you can see that I can't.

Very much appreciated for your time/efforts.
ekayp

Attachments

• ProblemDB.accdb
    832 KB · Views: 109

Never Hide

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:17
In the "14Dugs" form for example,the lines you refer to are below the "tbAuditTrail" textbox and above the "drgclsc1" and "drugs" comboboxes?
If that's what you are talking about, it seems it has something to do with the "Form Header/Footer" of the form. When I removed it the lines were gone.
I'm sorry but I can't find anything else than that

tinyevil777

Registered User.
Local time
When i change the special effect from Raised to Flat, i don't see any lines or dashes... Might this be an issue your end and not form related?

Attachments

• FlatFooter.jpg
    FlatFooter.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 132

tinyevil777

Registered User.
Local time
Wait, i see it at the top of the Detail section. Hmm.

As the form itself doesn't fit into the screen without the need to scroll, i find that when i scroll half way down, with a textbox half visible, minimize the application, then restore it, the ghost is there when i start to scroll again.

I would maybe suggest amending your frame so that it can fit onto a screen without the need to scroll. I just made the change my end and i eradicated the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom