Rename a Table Field Name Problem (1 Viewer)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:05
There is no problem if you save after making the change.

The Video shows too little to be of use.

What else would you like the video to show?

I currently show opening a table in design view, changing the case of a field name and then closing the design window and responding yes to the prompt to save.

To keep the video short I did not show saving from the top menu bar - but the result is the same. Perhaps you can you expand on what you mean by saving after making a change?

Could you please post a faulty Table so that I (and others) can have a proper look.

I need and so do others, this version to be in Office 2003.
Since the problem is in 2010 and exists in any table it is not possible to provide a faulty table. Any table will do, as already provided and demonstrated using a 2003 db opened in 2010.

In summary, for you to experience this problem you need to be using 2010.

Eljefegeneo

Still trying to learn
Local time
Today, 10:05
Amen! In essence there is no "problem". It exists in Access 2010, but is not really a problem since the nomenclature is not case sensitive. The changes were attempted purely for aesthetic effect.

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:05
What else would you like the video to show?
Your Video shows and proves that there is a problem. If I knew exactly what else I wanted to see I would most likely know the exact cause of the problem.
I did not mean to insult, I just wanted to make a simple statement.

I would still like to get a copy of the faulty database that has been converted to Access 2003. I could be wrong, but I still believe that there is something wrong that has not been mentioned. What that is I don't know.

Maybe we should just let things roll and wait to see if other problems rear their ugly head.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:05
would still like to get a copy of the faulty database that has been converted to Access 2003.
There is no faulty database:) Take any database you like and open it in 2010

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom