Reorganise Query Result (1 Viewer)

Tanya

Access Novice
Local time
Today, 13:27
Hi
I am attempting to create database for my schools athletics carnival and need to be able to calculate participation points and PlacePoints then add them together, hence my two queries:

I have a query which gives me the following results: qryParticipation
House1 House2
50 60

and another query with following result: qryPlacePoints
House SumOfPoints
House1 30
House2 25

What I now want to do is create a query which will add the tally from qryParticipation and qryPlacePoints for each House.

Not sure where to begin with this problem has anyone got a suggestion?

Any thoughts appreciated.
cheers
Tanya

raskew

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:27
Hi -

It'd be helpful if you'd post:

1) Your table(s) structure

2) Your query SQL for each of the queries.

Bob

Tanya

Access Novice
Local time
I have attached the db. The data is entered through frmResults and participation points are allocated per house, then on frmResults sub individual students are allocated points depending where they are placed in the event.
The query qryParticipation displays the total for each house in terms of group participation but doesn't include bonus points for being placed. qryPlacePoints works nicely and displays each house and their cumulative points which I need to add to the group total.
I was wondering if perhaps I should call the fields in tblResults by another name and use a union query? Any thoughts?
cheers
Tanya

Attachments

• Athletics Carnival.zip
    142.8 KB · Views: 100

Tanya

Access Novice
Local time
I've solved my problem. For those that are interested I created a query for each house:
SELECT qryPlacePoints.House, [Sum Of Adelong]+[SumOfPoints] AS TotalAdelong
FROM qryParticipation, qryPlacePoints
WHERE (((qryPlacePoints.House)="Adelong"));

Then...
New query to bring all the totals together.
SELECT qryAdelongParticipation.TotalAdelong AS Adelong, qryBalanadaParticipation.TotalBalanada AS Balanada, qryCoreenParticipation.TotalCoreen AS Coreen, qryDakaraParticipation.TotalDakara AS Dakara
FROM qryAdelongParticipation, qryBalanadaParticipation, qryCoreenParticipation, qryDakaraParticipation;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom