report formatting problems (1 Viewer)

S

scryma

I hope someone can help me on this.

Why do my queries cease to work when I try to change the design of my report?

1. The query is a parameter query on a number range.
2. It searches a table.
3. The report was made by the Wizard.
4. When I create the report with the wizard, it works great. The parameter boxes comeup and offer the user the opportunity to pull the records they need.
5. I don't like the layout but when I go to design view to fix things, it all looks great until I try to requery the table. It stops pulling records based on the query and displays all the records.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks,
Scryma

IMO

Now Known as ___
Local time
Today, 13:57
scryma said:

5. I don't like the layout but when I go to design view to fix things, it all looks great until I try to requery the table. It stops pulling records based on the query and displays all the records.
What exactly do you do to "fix things"?

IMO

S

scryma

report problems

"fixing" things means that I adjust the size and placement of the bound text boxes and labels. I add a Label to the page header and I center the "title" label.

It doesn't matter what I do to it, as soon as I make any change to the design, it kicks out the query parameters and returns all the records...

IMO

Now Known as ___
Local time
Today, 13:57
Try creating a new report and select your query as the record source then drag the fields from the field list onto the page.

IMO

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:57
Make sure that you are pressing the PrintPreview button rather than the LayoutPreview button to open the report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom