Retirement (1 Viewer)

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 20:50
Now with all the talk about raising the retirement age I think it is about time two things happened.

1) We make a special case of Tony Blair and retire him Now

2) The retirement age for all persons becomes 65. This will obviously include all Civil Servants, (Special case for Mr Blair see 1)

How on earth can a Government even think about raising the retirement age to 67 when such an anomoly exists.

Len

Bat17

Registered User.
Local time
I think in the end though that ages will have to go up. It is really a case of how many people are working to support those not working.

Peter

Len Boorman

Local time
So if Civil Servanys work until 65 will that not improve situation

L

R

Rich

Perhaps if they made all the scrounging bas.... here get a job there would be enough money left to pay those who've contributed all their lives:mad:

R

Rich

Len Boorman said:
So if Civil Servanys work until 65 will that not improve situation

L
or maybe since they've cushy jobs to start with they could work 'till they're 67 to enable the rest to retire at 60?:eek:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Rich said:
or maybe since they've cushy jobs to start with they could work 'till they're 67 to enable the rest to retire at 60?:eek:

Not everybody in the Public sector has cushy well paid jobs.
Quite why Len is blaming the retirement problems on Tony Bliar I don't know when the architect of the demise of private pensions was Gordon Brown, who, if he ever becomes PM, will make us long for dear old Tone.

Gordon is autocratic far left whose aim is to make everybody dependent on the State, they hate independent people as they cannot control them. He is not about to upset his voter base but eventually if he becomes strong enough no doubt he will move on public sector pensions and retirement age.

Brian

Len Boorman

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Not everybody in the Public sector has cushy well paid jobs.
Quite why Len is blaming the retirement problems on Tony Bliar I don't know when the architect of the demise of private pensions was Gordon Brown, who, if he ever becomes PM, will make us long for dear old Tone.

Gordon is autocratic far left whose aim is to make everybody dependent on the State, they hate independent people as they cannot control them. He is not about to upset his voter base but eventually if he becomes strong enough no doubt he will move on public sector pensions and retirement age.

Brian

Tony is the PM therefore the buck stops at his desk.

So

1) it is his fault and
2) retirement means him, his government, cronies etc

L

R

Rich

Len Boorman said:
Tony is the PM therefore the buck stops at his desk.

So

1) it is his fault and
2) retirement means him, his government, cronies etc

L
And since he's now going to get tough on rowdy pensioners he should have taken early retirement YEARS AGO:mad:

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 12:50
Burn the Prime Minster
Pensions have been robbed by the Goverment with extra taxes - if this stopped then the pension might be able to provide the nessary funds to retire on - however even with this - something did/does need doing about pension - is it the responsiblity of the state or individuals for their pensions - if you think its the state then - Taxes will have to rise to pay for it - if its the responsibility of the individual then their should be some indusement to save - perhaps like a opt out pension scheme - ie your in it unless you opt out - this still would leave gaps as self employeed people have more concerns over the cash flow and don't need the hassle of extra moneys having to be paid out

I not a fan of the Goverment - but in this case I don't think their is a answer that will sort this out for everyone - no matter what some people will fall through the net - They cannot win - but a more dynamic approach to pensions should be look at and this should be aim at the bottom 10% of the population instead of the top 10% who genreal have their penisons sorted

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Ok Len whilst I don't agree 100% on the buck stopping with Tony on thsi if retirement means all of New Labour I'll go along tho' I think they should be sacked for incompetence without a pension.:D

Brian

Len Boorman

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
New Labour I'll go along tho' I think they should be sacked for incompetence without a pension.:D
Brian

Sounds like a good idea :)

L

The Stoat

The Grim Squeaker
Local time
This section is a good idea :)

Ok here's the anomally. We are on the one hand being told that the population is ageing and that there will come a point when taxes will no longer be able to support those on pensions. On the other hand we are being told that we are all fat, anti-vegetable, binge drinkers who eat 11 lbs ..sorry 5kgs ..of salt a day, drive to fast for our own safety and that our second hand smoke if not killing us will kill everyone else way before the alloted 3 score years and ten. Which is it? As a man i can expect a lower life expectancy compared to a women. Does that mean i can retire earlier than them to enjoy the little remaining time i might have?

TS

Len Boorman

Local time
The Stoat said:
............ Does that mean i can retire earlier than them to enjoy the little remaining time i might have?
TS

Now if it was up to me I would say of course you could but I am not yet the popular autocratic leader of the UK and therefore afraid the answer is ....

......................Not A Chance

L

The Stoat

The Grim Squeaker
Local time
Len Boorman said:
Now if it was up to me I would say of course you could but I am not yet the popular autocratic leader of the UK and therefore afraid the answer is ....

......................Not A Chance

L
:p now where's next weeks lottery numbers :D

Len Boorman

Local time
The Stoat said:
:p now where's next weeks lottery numbers :D

No thats what I call retirement planning :D :D :D

Remember your first in line after me

L

R

Rich

Look you're missing the point here, how else could Tony send pensioners to prison for not having enough money to pay the council tax that's gone up over 1000% in some areas under his glorious leadership.
He's got to get to grips with pensioners, after all there's to be "no new taxes" to pay them:rolleyes:

Len Boorman

Local time
Ahhhh sussed it at last thanks to Rich.

Now I am not a pensioner yet but if I have got it right it goes something like this.

1) Insufficient pension cos I didn't save and the State has left me in the mire
2) Cannot pay Council Tax that is not new but has gone up faster than my miserable pension
3) Get arrested and charged with none payment
4) Appear in court as irascible rowdy pensioner
5) Cannot pay council tax so have no chance of paying fine
6) Go directly to Jail

Do not need pension do I ?.

Gosh some things are so simple when you finally grasp the objective.

So this could also mean an end to pensioner muggings, retirement homes, community care for the elderly,

Got to hand it to our Tony on that one. I really did not understand his policy and how it would benefit the pensioner.

Rich Can you explain the rest of his policies to teh rest of us please cos you seem to understand him

L

The Stoat

The Grim Squeaker
Local time
Len Boorman said:
Rich Can you explain the rest of his policies to teh rest of us please cos you seem to understand him

L

Have you ever seen Rich and Gordon Brown in the same room ;) :D

R

Rich

Len Boorman said:
Ahhhh sussed it at last thanks to Rich.

Now I am not a pensioner yet but if I have got it right it goes something like this.

1) Insufficient pension cos I didn't save and the State has left me in the mire
2) Cannot pay Council Tax that is not new but has gone up faster than my miserable pension
3) Get arrested and charged with none payment
4) Appear in court as irascible rowdy pensioner
5) Cannot pay council tax so have no chance of paying fine
6) Go directly to Jail

L

and you still have to pay it when you come out, although you may get let off for the period you spent inside on the current bill:eek:

He doesn't have any policies worthy of note, but then, he never has:rolleyes:

Len Boorman

Local time
The Stoat said:
Have you ever seen Rich and Gordon Brown in the same room ;) :D

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:D :D :D

No Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Not that:D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom